At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
To be responsible for safe and efficient operation of the section whilst proving a service to the mine operations.
Specific Job Responsibility
- Facilitate the technical interface between Mine Operations and Mine Planning concerning service support of electrical equipment relocation, electrical trailing cable route planning, trailing cable management, coordinating fuel bowsers, and coordinating relocation of equipment on low beds in the most cost effective manner with zero or negligible impact to the business.
- Managing, planning and effective use of cable trees
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the Mine Safety and Inspection Act and Mines Safety Inspection Regulations in accordance with appointment
- Focus on the cost efficient use of all mine services consumables i.e. skids and collections of faulty cables for repairs
- Reducing operational damages pertaining to cable handling
- Continuous monitoring the daily mine services activities to enhance efficiency and continuous optimization of production operations support
- Continuous mentor mine services personnel with the view of improving their skills and efficiency
- Demonstrate and promote high standards of housekeeping in the work area and any other area associated with mine services activities
- Identify the personnel that require re-training
- Perform other duties as directed by the Mine Infrastructure Manager
Job Specific Competencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Accident / Incident Investigation expertise
- Excellent Administration and Management skills
- Excellent organisational, communication, report writing and safety management skills
- Ability to work closely with relevant departmental to ensure that all mine services needs are met
Key Job Attributes
- Ability to work in changing weather conditions
- Ability to work in a team and have a good safety culture
- Must be able to meet targets and deadlines
- Ability to supervise and direct others
- Must be able to speak, write and read English
- Must be detail oriented and independent
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity and creativity
- Capability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships
Experience required to perform in this job
- Knowledge of safe handling/managing cables, low beds and fuel bowser operations and procedures
- At least 7 to 8 years’ experience in the same or similar position
- Knowledge in Basic Health and Safety and First Aid
- Degree/Diploma in Mining /Electrical Engineering
- Holder of a valid Blasting ticket/ license or a Zambian Statutory Blasting qualification in accordance with the Zambian Mine Regulations Act 1973
- Holder of a First Aid Certificate