Requisition Number: 501328
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Construction, Engineering
- Responsible for developing Scope of Works and Bill of Quantities.
- Responsible for site safety of all contractors.
- Submitting a monthly report.
- Cooperate and engage with communities on various programmes to ensure project sustainability.
- Provide technical assistance and knowledge to developing contractors; inclusive of developing a BOQ and quoting.
- Ensure that all infrastructure works are carried out to a high standard.
- Correspond with various governmental bodies to ensure that inspections, and standards are met according to a governmental level.
- Perform any other duties that may be required from time to time.
- Maintain clear records of site visits, trainings and instructions.
- Responsible for the servicing and maintenance records of provided transport.
- Be willing to teach and develop others.
- Candidate must have a minimum of diploma in construction. (Degree is preferred)
- Candidate needs to have knowledge in CAD and basic quantity surveying in order to develop BOQ’s.
- At least 5 years practical experience in their relevant field of training.
- Must be fluent in both English and Lunda (Kikaonde considered).
- Motorbike license.
- Light vehicle license (up to 3 ton).
Experience & Skills:
- Experience in a supervisory role.
- Microsoft Office a must.
- Microsoft Excel a must.
- Microsoft Outlook a must.
- Excellent communication skills.
- AutoCAD training
- Must have excellent leadership qualities
- Be interested and passionate about the development of communities and individuals.
- Must be prepared to work outside the office in all types of weather, and be prepared to spend majority of time on the various sites (job is not office based).
- Must have the ability to take initiative.
- Must be able to work outside normal hours when it is required.
- Be diligent, have integrity, be hardworking and honest.
Applications close: 28 Apr 2017 FLE Daylight Time