Requisition Number: 503274
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Engineering, Operations / General Management, Process
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Repair/Modify, clean, and maintain pipe systems, units, fittings, and related machines and equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools.
- Provide training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an ongoing basis.
- Generating reports and updating maintenance schedules within set timelines.
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
- Minimum of a Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
- Advanced Certificate/craft from recognized institution. Diploma or better will be an added advantage.
- Must be a member of Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ)
Experience & Skills:
- Relevant previous experience in the Floatation and Concentrate areas of the process plant
- Proven skills at repairing different types of pumps/gearboxes used in Floatation will be a necessity
- Good written and oral communication skills as will require to fill out Preventative Maintenance Schedules upon completion.
- Able to read, understand and reference maintenance manuals.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Able to learn and adapt quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organization and time management skills
Prepared to live in Kalumbila and to work shift work as necessary
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.first-quantum.com/cw/en/job/503274/supervisor-crushing-and-conveying →