Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit highly energetic, committed, and passionate Zambians for the positions of Supervisor – Dewatering to join the versatile mining team.
Reporting to the Coordinator – Dewatering, you will be responsible for Delivering the shift plan in terms of water management, equipment productivity, crusher feed and people management without being impacted by water.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate good understanding of the Operational Plan, to understand the dewatering plan
- Ensure that there is no water ponding anywhere in the pit or on surface.
- Ensure that the next shovel dig area is free of water.
- Ensure that all planned sumps are dug and equipped.
- Ensure that there is adequate pump monitoring and reporting during the shift.
- Refueling of all Pumps
- Promoting operational consistency between shift hand over through accurate pit set up and inform the incoming shift.
- Maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness. Promote and comply with the LMC Occupational Health & Safety Policy.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must have a full grade 12 certificate.
- Certificate in Mining Engineering
- Three years (3) experience in operating dewatering pumps and heavy equipment
- Holder of a current Zambian driver’s license.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.