Requisition Number: 501468
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Engineering, Smelter
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Ensure that a safe working environment is maintained for the staff.
- Ensure that workshop and fabrication and welding equipment is available and well maintained.
- Manage the crews on various tasks inside the HWW boundary.
- To lead and guide individuals in their everyday tasks to enhance their skills and broaden their knowledge.
- Participate in the forward planning of HWW jobs with section planner.
- To advise and assist the process plant supervisors during shutdowns where a variety of tasks are done within a specified time.
- Successfully run a well-equipped Heavy Welding Workshop driven by end customer satisfaction.
- Develop SOP’s and BOM for sustainability of work practices.
- Other duties as required by the Workshop Senior Supervisor
- Mechanical Trade or equivalent as a minimum from a recognized Institution.
- Qualified as Boilermaker/Welder with minimum 6 years’ experience
- Knowledge of Shopfloor scheduling.
- Must have a good communication skills
- Must be computer literate
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum experience 5 years
- Previous work experience in a large copper mining operation will be advantageous.
- Must be Computer literate.
- Familiarity with PRONTO, or other CMMS will be an added advantage
- Must have extensive knowledge of semi-automatic welding processes, MIG and FCAW, certified welding tickets would be advantageous.
- Heavy Carbon Arc Gouging and Heavy Welding experience essential.
- Team player
- Good Communicator
- Bold initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity
- Driving attendance
- Standby and overtime when required
- Must be able to work with minimum Supervision.
- Very good verbal communication skills.
- A high standard of computer literacy, particularly Microsoft Office
Applications close: 11 Jun 2017 FLE Daylight Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.first-quantum.com.