Mining Department seeks to recruit a highly energetic, committed and passion Zambians for the position of Production Supervisors to join the versatile Mining team.
Reporting to the Coordinator – Production, you will be responsible for the operation of all personnel, mining fleet, equipment or contractors and carrying out production in an efficient, safe and cost-effective manner according to production budget.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Monitor the material type that is being mined, in conjunction with geology and survey
- Allocate mining equipment to optimize production in accordance with the mine plan.
- Supervise the movement of equipment to optimize production output as per required mine plan.
- Coordinate breaks, hot seat, Cycle times, Load Destination and refuelling of all mobile equipment.
- Ensure personnel are adequately inducted in their work area and are aware of all workplace rules and critical procedures applying at LMC.
- Correct/diligent use of Supervisor Checklist book
- Actively promote, monitor, and participate in safe working practices.
- Identify risks in the work area and use of correct controls.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must have Full Grade 12 certificate
- Certificate in Mining Engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in continuous operations in a mining environment
- Experience in utilizing large scale equipment i.e. electric/diesel (AC) driven Dump trucks, 500t excavators and face shovels
- Ability to interpret standard Operating procedures (SOPs) and manuals
- Good Communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be a member of Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ)