VisionFund Zambia Limited
VisionFund Zambia Limited is part of a network of microfinance institutions within the VisionFund International network. We empower low-income entrepreneurs with access to integrated financial services that unlock their potential. We are part of World Vision, the largest global Christian humanitarian organization. In order to support our growth aspirations, we seek to recruit a qualified candidate who is self-motivated and results-oriented to fill the following position:
Reporting to: Head ICT Manager
Location: Head Office
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As the System Administrator, your job is to protect critical information, systems, and assets, build solutions, implement new software and hardware, provide training and assist in the development and implementation of the overall IT strategy. Further, you will help with the digitization projects, lead initiatives and take ownership and responsibility.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, tablets, desktops, software and hardware.
- Ensure that the IT infrastructure and network is always up and running
- Perform server administration tasks such as user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services and resource monitoring.
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates; support Internet, LANs, WANs and network segments.
- Interact with the helpdesk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting and provide technical support when needed.
- Asset management by updating the asset inventory and management system for addition, modification or disposal of assets.
- Perform routine audits of the systems, including backups
- Provide first level application and operational end user support.
- Antivirus management through the maintenance, deployment and analysis of antivirus in desktops and laptops.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Minimum qualification requirements and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Technology
- A professional certification in either MCSE or MCSA is an added advantage.
- Three years’ proven work and relevant experience in IT.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with or knowledge in any core banking application such as T24 is an added advantage.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to inexperienced users.
- Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization ideals and core values
Interested applicants should send a cover letter accompanied by a CV to the address below clearly indicating the POSITION being applied for to the attention of the.
Head People & Culture
Plot 6810, Chiwalamabwe road Olympia,
P.O. Box 33911
Email: [email protected]
VisionFund Zambia is an equal opportunity employer. Females are encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that VisionFund Zambia Limited does not solicit for fees at any stage of recruitment process, any such attempts should be treated as fraudulent and report immediately.
Deadline for submissions is Friday, 7th November, 2023.