The National Water Supply and Sanitation Council (NWASCO) a regulatory body for water providers in the country, established under the Water Supply and Sanitation Act No. 28 of 1997, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of:
SYSTEMS AND CORPORATE ANALYST
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager, the person will be required to meet the following accountabilities and other requirements:
- Able to maintain the Operating and Security Systems software for all necessary ICT assets of the Institution.
- Able to adapt and implement, for the Institution’s efficiency, best practices related to all matters of ICT Technology and ensure that the
- Institution’s ICT Policies and Procedures are in compliance with all applicable legislation.
- Able to take a leading role in the evaluation of third party offers for ICT Technology systems, hardware and network maintenance and recommend effective solutions to any matters arising from or incidental to such evaluations.
- Able to manage all ICT service contracts entered into by the Institution with third parties.
- Able to ensure that effective security measures and internal databases, email server and website are up to date at all times.
- Must demonstrate the ability to facilitate the design or upgrade and implementation of NWASCO Information Systems (NIS).
- Able to facilitate smooth integration of the NWASCO Information System by Service Providers.
- Able to maintain the NWASCO website.
- Able to offer high-level professional support in the design, editing and publishing of various NWASCO Publications.
- Able to review and ensure that all N WASCO publications comply with the Branding Manual before finalisation and dissemination to various stakeholders.
- Able to facilitate and organise internal I CT training for other staff in the Institution.
- Able to trouble-shoot end-user problems within reasonable timeframes.
- Able to oversee the efficient, accurate utilisation or repair of the Institution’s various ICT equipment and ensure that minimum downtime is maintained.
- Provide any other professional assistance that shall be required to ensure that the Institution’s ICT infrastructure is and remains effective.
- Able to monitor and track the implementation of NWASCO’s Strategic Plan.
- Able to implement and monitor N WASCO’s Risk Management Systems.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or any suitable and relevant field.
- An MBA/Post-Graduate qualification in Risk Management will be an added advantage.
- Five (5) years’ work experience in a robust CT environment.
- Knowledge of business information systems.
- A good understanding ofthe water supply and sanitation sector will be an added advantage.
- Good communication, report-writing and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
with a detailed curriculum vitae should be uploaded onto the NWASCO website undersigned not later than ang addressed to the professional qualifications will not be required at this stage.
National Water Supply and Sanitation Council
P O Box 34358
164 Mulombwa Close, Fairview
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.