About our Client:
Billiam works limited is a privately held company based on the copperbelt and specialized in maintenance and repair, as well as the supply of a wide range of spare parts for heavy machinery such as; Caterpillar, Komatsu, Volvo, Sinotruck, Hyndai, Shantui, Liugong Spare etc.
About the role:
The company is looking for a talented individual to join their team as a procurement officer. As a procurement officer, your primary responsibility is to oversee and manage the procurement process to ensure the organization obtains quality goods and services at the best possible prices. You play a crucial role in maintaining efficient and cost-effective procurement operations.
- Communicate with suppliers, retailers, customers etc. to achieve profitable deals and mutual satisfaction
- Ensuring that there is adequate stock to meet demand.
- Update and monitor inventory and warehouse space allocations
- Update and compile a database containing all information for each client
- Receiving and checking deliveries to ensure that the correct amount of stock is delivered.
- Preparing clients’ orders by gathering and loading stock.
- Collaborate with departments to identify their procurement needs.
- Collaborate with relevant departments to establish and maintain quality standards for goods and services.
- Identify potential suppliers and conduct assessments.
- Evaluate supplier capabilities, reliability, and performance.
- Generate and process purchase orders.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of purchase documentation.
- Ensure procurement activities comply with relevant laws, regulations, and organizational policies.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in purchasing and supply or any related field
- At least 3 years + proven experience in procurement or a similar role.
- Knowledge of procurement principles, practices, and regulations.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
The incumbent will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Please send your CV to [email protected] before the 29th of February 2024.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com