National Breweries Plc
National Breweries Plc is Zambia’s leading producer and distributor of Traditional African Beer. Our affiliation to Delta Beverages gives our employees a sense of pride and that of belonging to one of the biggest international brewing companies in the world. The Company offers opportunities for all to learn develop and grow, whilst offering challenging career opportunities for lateral or vertical advancement.
We are inviting applications to fill the following vacant position:
POSITION: TEAM LEADER – BREWING
Reporting to the Production Controller, the successful candidate will be accountable for the following:
- Monitor production processes in the brewing department.
- Interpret and implement production plan for shift.
- Manage the team to improve process quality and productivity.
- Ensure and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Co-ordinate scheduled maintenance and cleaning.
- Facilitate effective team dynamics (use of multi skilled operators).
- Communicate effectively in the workplace.
- Ensure application of administration systems and procedures.
- Administer conditions of employment for team members.
- Order, track and control raw materials.
- Identification and management of out of control situations from process monitoring.
- Ensure a healthy industrial relations climate.
- Lead production activities in accordance with the Manufacturing Way work practices.
- Plan, organize and control the utilization of Human Resource to ensure high productivity and minimum waste during shift.
- Train and develop shift personnel to optimize their potential.
- Performance management
This job is particularly suitable for candidates who meet the following minimum requirements:
- Diploma/Degree in Science related fields
- Certificate or equivalent in Opaque Beer Brewing added advantage.
- Be computer literate, experience with manufacturing and safety systems.
- Knowledge of SAP is added advantage.
- At least 2 years working experience in FMCG industry.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-disciplined, hardworking, honest and reliable.
- Ability to work under strict targets, timelines and work well under pressure.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Interested persons should send their applications and CV’s not later than 18th September 2023 to;
The Human Business Partner
National Breweries Plc
Sheki Sheki Road
PO Box 35135
Email address: [email protected]
(Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to & all attachments should be in a single PDF File. Kindly state the position in the subject line)