Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for experienced and qualified individuals to be considered for the position Technical Advisor – Ancillary.
Reporting to the Superintendent – Ancillary, you will be responsible for providing direction and support to the Maintenance execution team that enables sustained improvement in equipment performance and people development. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide in depth technical support and troubleshooting mentorship to the maintenance execution team.
- Carry out quality assurance reviews of planned and breakdown maintenance activities ensuring that it is carried out to defined OEM, site and legislative requirements.
- Ability to interpret data for maintenance planning and scheduling, inventory management and operational decision making.
- Contribute to the delivery of business outcomes by ensuring the development of maintenance plans and schedules to maximize operational efficiency and minimise mining equipment and mill downtime and costs.
- Support environmental programmes and providing reports on all observed environmental incidents and non-compliances.
- Develop and promote a quality customer service to all departments within the mine.
- Monitor all maintenance activities to eliminate wasteful practices and meet agreed targets.
- Develop work procedures for the safe and quality execution of maintenance activities.
- Develop training and assessment plans that are tracked against each person.
- Develop and deploy improvement projects that improves work execution quality and people development.
Experience & Qualifications
- Craft certificate in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Certificate in training and assessment (desirable but not essential)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in heavy earthmoving equipment maintenance in large multi pit operations
- Experience working for OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) or dealerships in providing site product and technical support is desirable
- Demonstrated experience in improving equipment performance and developing people ability to show initiative and have good interpersonal skills.
- Must have a current driver’s licence.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mine does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.