With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Lead the strategic integration of ESCA across all WV entities within SAR.
- Assure technical excellence and thought leadership in ESCA by articulating a clear vision and strategy for the promotion of ESCA as part of WV’s core mission commitment to promote the sustained wellbeing of the most vulnerable girls and boys, our faith identity, and the global Our Promise, Going Further strategy
- Assure ESCA integration into Field Office strategy refresh and strategy reviews
- Assure the adoption and effective, accountable implementation of the ESCA Management Policy across all national entities
- Work with various SARO teams e.g. P&C and Programme Quality to monitor SAR’s progress in achieving the commitments and standards outlined in the ESCA Management Policy
- Support national entity green teams to implement ESCA self-assessments and action plans in coordination with the GC ESCA Director
- Develop and lead a new ESCA technical team in SAR
Regional thought leadership on ESCA and technical leadership of work to mainstream ESCA across all aspects of WV ministry including Disaster Management, Transformational Development (TD) and Advocacy
- Lead the development and consistent application of a standardised approach to ESCA across WV programming, and promote the use of streamlined, integrated guidance and essential ESCA tools.
- Strengthen ESCA across all WV’s programming, including appropriate integration into project models, PQ reviews and programme assessments, designs, evaluations and redesigns.
- Invest in staff awareness and technical ESCA capacity, including the development of a high performing network of RO and FO champions committed to ESCA and with the capacity to deliver technical support for the integration of ESCA and related project models.
- Work with GC, RO and NO stakeholders to grow an innovative ESCA portfolio through new business development including grants, contracts, philanthropy, corporate funding and other strategic partnerships.
- Technically back-stop grant acquisition for ESCA and strengthen and track GAM acquisition rates for ESCA themed stand-alone grants and mainstreaming ESCA across grant funded programming in the region.
- Maintain a view of revenue streams to support programme opportunities.
- Measure extent to which resourcing opportunities meet ministry needs and impact CWB.
Regional leadership to the technical networks on ESCA, fostering an effective learning community that is valued by its members and engaged through strategic communication tools.
- Lead ESCA learning and thinking across SAR and ensuring FO and RO voices are represented in the development and implementation of regional and global strategic plans.
- Build strategic partnerships with external research/academic/ practitioner networks on ESCA.
- Assure learning and improvement on ESCA and the tracking and documentation of ESCA-transformative evidence of impact through the regional DME Community of Practice
- Work with the Evidence & Learning team to develop ESCA learning and research agendas and build evidence of impact for WV’s ESCA work to be showcased on the Ministry Integration Portal.
Represent World Vision externally in relevant academic, industry and multilateral events, consultations and forums to raise WV’s profile and contribute to the industry and regional discourse on ESCA.
- Develop external messaging on World Vision’s ESCA work and position regional entities to enable SAR to become a regionally recognised thought and practice leader on ESCA.
- Lead the development of external policy positions and advocacy initiatives on ESCA and co-ordinate the engagement of WV entities to maximise the impact of WV external engagement on ESCA, especially to raise the voices of children and youth in key fora.
- Work closely with WV’s Advocacy & Justice for Children and other teams, to influence national and regional policy makers around core advocacy objectives related to ESCA (especially with regard to the SDGs and UNFCCC processes and NDCs)
- Represent SAR ESCA work in the media and with partners (e.g., Joining Forces, FAO, faith partners, UNICEF, etc.)
Required Professional Experience
- Advanced technical knowledge and professional experience directly related to ESCA, with an understanding and experience of relevant policy making processes, influencers and institutions
- Technical knowledge of ESCA programming options and approaches to DIME, evidence of impact and data analysis
- Significant, proven knowledge and understanding of ESCA capacity needs of INGO staff, and how to address them.
- A comprehensive understanding of ESCA from a Christian and other faith perspective
- At least 8 years working in the sector in roles requiring expertise in Environmental Sustainability and Climate Action.
- A track record of work within a complex international organization and preferably including front line field experience in both long-term development and fragile contexts.
- Experience of influencing and developing organisational or institutional strategy and high-level reporting
- Extensive life/work experience in the global south and sensitivity to the faith, cultural, political and social dynamics in a range of contexts
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification.
- PhD or Master’s Degree in an ESCA-related discipline
- Competence in planning and project management
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience linking ESCA programming across sectors to strengthen livelihoods, improve access to credit and other initiatives to enhance effectiveness.
- Knowledge of carbon credit markets and corporate carbon emissions reduction planning and implementation.
- A track record of brokering multi-disciplinary partnerships, planning and collaboration with diverse stakeholders (including faith-based organisations) at multiple levels.
- Compelling influencer and advocate – able to inspire, build consensus and bring people together around a common agenda.
- Excellent conceptual, analytical and strategic skills.
- Proven communication and presentation skills including ability to communicate complex technical or policy issues simply and clearly.
- Strong team building and management skills in a virtual or matrixed relationships.
- Grant acquisition and management experience.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and proficient in one other language – Portuguese, French (preferred)
World Vision International – Southern Africa Region is both an equal opportunity employer and a Christian organization. We conduct recruitment without regard to race, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, parental or pregnancy status, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. We take a firm stance against racism, discrimination, and harassment and foster an environment where people with a multiplicity of personal characteristics are embraced and valued. As a reflection of our commitment to equity and equal pay for all, if a candidate meets all the minimum requirements of the role, we hire at a minimum of the midpoint of the salary scale.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.