Technical Specialist D – IRC191185
at Zambia, Lusaka, Zambia in FNB Zambia Merchant Services
Ends 22 Nov 2020
The job relates to the Card Acquiring industry. It covers business support and analysis for the total infrastructure from the POS terminal through the FNB/Customer network links, front-end servers to the Issuer systems. It also includes the local interbank links as well international links. External switches and their network connectivity will also require business analysis from time to time.
experience and qualifications
- Relevant Degree, IT qualification or studying towards the qualification would be beneficial.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years relevant working experience (Merchant Services experience).
- Understanding of Merchant Acquiring, related industries and systems e.g.
Hogan System, Remedy, Base24, Postilion, Visa, Mastercard, Cup and ATM.
Computer Literate: MS Word (Intermediate), Excel (Intermediate level), PowerPoint (Intermediate level).
- Understanding of mainframe, server, PC systems as well as data networks.
- Understanding of the FNB production and test environment would be beneficial.
- To be able to work Overtime/Standby when required.
- IT qualification
- Valid Driver’s License (minimum of 2 years)
- Identify process improvements (Cost Savings or efficiency improvements).
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions.
- Interface and communicate with other acquirers and vendors in the local and international industry as well as the card associations (Visa/MasterCard) and local organisations
- Collaborate with Technical team and external vendors/switches in order to resolve issues.
- Provide end user support, monitor the system, respond to queries, resolve and escalate issues within IT and Business.
- Comply with governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements.
- Investigate conditions of a business challenge/incident by analysing business and/or technical problems relating to the acquiring / Issuer infrastructure and describe the condition and compile the resolution in accordance with IT / Business.
- Compile Work Request document for specific enhancements and new functions pertaining to incidents.
- Display understanding of both business and IT functions and participate in the Change Management Process
- To manage BIN incidents (Amendments, Additions and Deletions).
- Manage own development to increase own competencies.
- Train and mentor junior colleagues and give backup support to team members. for the total infrastructure from the POS terminal through the FNB/Customer network links, front-end servers to the Issuer systems, including the local interbank links as well international links, external switches and their network connectivity.