Bank of Zambia
The Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for the following position:
TECHNOLOGIST – ELECTRONICS, REGIONAL OFFICE (1 POST)
To maintain all Bank Note Processing Equipment and Bank Note Destruction Systems in order to increase equipment reliability and efficiency.
- Draw up maintenance schedules for Bank Note Processing Equipment and Bank Note Destruction Systems to ensure sound planned and preventive maintenance of equipment.
- Conduct daily, weekly, monthly and bi – annual maintenance of Bank Note Processing Equipment and Bank Note Destruction Systems as per maintenance schedules.
- Provide continuous technical support to Currency Processing Operations.
- Provide supervisory oversight on contracted maintenance service works for note counting machines.
Qualifications and Experience
- Technologist Diploma in Electronic Engineering or equivalent with three (3) years’ relevant experience.
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better).
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Computer skills
- Analytical skills
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply. Please note that the position is on Fixed Term Contract of Employment for three (3) years and renewable subject to good performance.
Only candidates meeting the above role specifications are invited to apply online, via the BOZ Career page on www.boz.zm or address their hardcopy applications to the postal address appearing below. Applicants’ detailed curriculum vitae (CV), certified copies of certificates and National Registration Card MUST be enclosed with or attached to the online or hardcopy applications. The closing date for applications is Monday, 7 September 2020.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that the Bank of Zambia has automated its recruitment process. With effect from 1 January 2021, the Bank will ONLY accept online job applications and hard copy applications will no longer be processed.
The Director – Human Resources
Bank of Zambia
P O BOX 30080