Website Monsanto Company
Monsanto is an agriculture company
Technology Development Representative – Zambia
The Technology Development Representative (TDR), Zambia is an intermediary contributor between R&D and Sales – Marketing team, in bottom up and top down product and solution development per the market targets for achieving advanced corporate business results in Zambia. This role will gain firsthand knowledge of Monsanto’s products and associated agronomic systems research to provide technical leadership and conduct systems field research within the country. This includes understanding local and regional cropping systems and the development of existing and newer pipeline products.
- Provide technical leadership and insights at the local level.
- Implement and execute comprehensive systems field testing program or agronomics, germplasm and traits.
- FACT testing for maize and cotton.
- Trial planning, seed forecasting, location identification, cooperator contracts, trial design, planting, in-season trial maintenance, data recording, harvesting and relinquish data.
- Determine and demonstrate the value, positioning, and agronomic fit of commercial and pipeline products (germplasm and traits).
- Agronomic trials – used for training and stewardship.
- Lead local product positioning and training of Monsanto Sales force and distributors to support sales at sub team level.
- Active contribution in advancement of team’s work and proposals for variety advancements.
- Provide local technical leadership for demand forecast process.
- Assist and help investigate performance inquiries requiring advanced agronomic and product knowledge.
- Customer interaction with key customers, building and maintaining good relationship with farmers, growers, distributors and retailers.
- Maintain country Regulatory compliance, ensure trials are conducted within regulatory and stewardship policy and paperwork is accurately completed in a timely manner.
- Technical contribution in demand generating activities like customer visits, demonstration plots, farmer field days and events, marketing tools, etc.
- Maintain and build relationship with researchers from academic and research institutions.
- Degree in agronomy, plant science, or related discipline with 5 years’ experience in agricultural research.
- Basic knowledge of crop production, farming practices and farm equipment operation.
- Individual leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet programs with the ability to learn new programs.
- Detail oriented with the ability to balance multiple tasks and achieve deadlines.
- Ability to obtain a driver’s license and willingness to travel extensively within country and occasionally regional.
- Ability to pass a driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.)
- Master of Science and/or higher degree in Agronomy, Weed Science, Entomology, Crop Protection, Soil Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology or a closely related discipline.
- Strong experience in statistics, experimental design, data analysis and interpretation.
- Strong computer skills (i.e. mobile technology (tablets/smart phones), scientific/ statistical software, basic knowledge of databases and information reporting tools, etc.).
- Proficient at reading field protocols and field reports, translating data/statistics into market related information.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively without direct supervision, ability to work effectively with a team, strong time management skills, and results orientation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com