Title: Administrative Intern
Reports to: Human resource & administrative Manger
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
I. TechnoServe Background:
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
II. Position Description:
Under close supervision, the intern will perform a variety of entry-level administrative tasks including office management, HR duties, receptionist duties, support to the procurement coordinator and perform other related work, as required.
III. Proposed activities:
Office & reception duties
- Update and maintain assets register
- Ensure office environment is clean, presentable, and hospitable
- Maintain office supplies
- Coordinates use of conference room
- Greets and directs visitors
- Time 10%
- Serving as a point of contact with benefit vendors/administrators
- Posting job ads and organizing resumes and job applications
- Scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview process
- Compiling and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Maintain leave tracker
- Time 20%
Support in procurement department
- Assists in procurement for administrative needs of the program
- Ensures accountable, timely and cost effective delivery of supplies to the program
- Maintain procurement templates and ensure best practices are known and used throughout the program
- Ensuring all purchases have the required documents: purchase requisition, bid analysis and purchase order
- Petty cash management
- Time 40%
- Assist program staff in travel arrangements including booking hotel and airfare
- Support program staff in completing all necessary travel documentation including Travel Advance and Travel Expense Reconciliations
- Support the program team in printing and preparation of work for workshops and trainings as needed
- Ensure client files are complete and up to date
- Time 10%
- Filing and scanning of payment vouchers
- Stamping of payments
- Receipt follow ups with vendors
- Time 20%
- Higher Diploma in Business Related subject.
- Knowledge of best practices in administration, HR and procurement
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good knowledge of Excel, Access and PowerPoint required
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skill
To Apply: Please submit your application (by email only) to with [email protected] the position title placed in the subject line. Please include (1) cover letter describing your interest, (2) curriculum vitae and (3) telephone contacts of three referees. Please include all requirements in one document. Applications will be treated confidentially. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Deadline for applications is 30th May 2018. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please
TechnoServe is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org