Website TechnoServe Zambia Limited
Title: Grants Manager
Reports to: FED Project Director
Travel : Zambia
I. Program Description:
In partnership with the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), TechnoServe is preparing for a 3-year Food Enterprises for a Developed Zambia (FED) Programme. The programme aims to improve the efficiency, profitability and growth of food processing SMEs and contribute to a stronger and more inclusive sector in the country.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Grants and Compliance Manager will ensure that all TechnoServe contracting, sub-grant awards, and other agreements with partners fully comply with relevant Sida procurement, contracting and sub-granting regulations and that TechnoServe files completely document the basis for awards and contain all required information.
- Establishing robust protocols and processes for managing all grants and sub-agreements under the award in accordance with TechnoServe and Sida policies. The Grants and Compliance Manager monitors sub-recipients, oversees the process of awarding subgrants, and conducts due diligence on all sub-grants to ensure eligibility and compliance.
- Training subawardees on their responsibilities
- Coordinating the approval and payment process for subgrantee financial reports
- Coordinating the approval of reports, including due diligence (e.g. checking supporting documentation)
- Coordinating/ processing subaward modifications
- Serving as point of contact for approvals of subrecipient requests, where applicable
- Executing implementation of compliance monitoring plans; scheduling and conducting monitoring visits
- Reviewing technical reports to ensure alignment with the award
- Managing procurement of and administrative oversight for large contracts
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience supporting implementation of donor grants or contracts, including experience in administering sub-grants and subcontracts;
- University degree in a related field such as Public or Business Administration; a higher degree such as Master’s, MBA, JD or similar is desirable;
- Experience designing and executing approval processes and other relevant legal requirements;
- Strong work ethic and proven track record
- Excellent interpersonal skills and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required;