Website TechnoServe Zambia Limited
Title: Monitoring and Evaluations Manager
Reports to: FED Project Director
Travel : Zambia
I. Program Description:
In partnership with the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), TechnoServe is preparing for a 3-year Food Enterprises for a Developed Zambia (FED) Programme. The programme aims to improve the efficiency, profitability and growth of food processing SMEs and contribute to a stronger and more inclusive sector in the country.
II. Position Description
The M&E Manager will be responsible for providing technical guidance on the design, development and implementation of the project M&E strategy, build capacity in the FED Team to develop, manage and operationalize M&E systems and plans that are aligned to program strategy, and allow quality reporting and dissemination. S/he will undertake periodic reviews of program M&E systems and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. The incumbent will provide support in ensuring data quality and accuracy for collecting, analyzing, and processing monitoring and evaluation data, assisting in monitoring and reporting against the project’s performance indicators, key outputs and results, developing methods and milestones to monitor the project’s progress towards its goals, and contributing to program strategy to ensure that activities and assignments are carried out as planned and the program objectives are being achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership in designing, planning, monitoring, data collection and analysis, report preparation and dissemination of project data in collaboration with the relevant key stakeholders as required by the donor.
- Foster and facilitate information, experience best practices and resource exchange amongst the TechnoServe country team
- Provide direction to collect, aggregate, analyze and use data for reporting and dissemination to relevant national and international stakeholders, the donor and external partners.
- Review M&E plan for quality and adherence to donor requirements.
- Coordinate the project regular QI data feedback reports including communication and following up with program teams on data submission, validation and utilization of feedback
- Ensure program data quality standard are met through coordinating data quality audits & assessments (paper & electronic) for the project
- Provide any other M&E technical support as required
Skills and Experience
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s Degree e in social sciences, development studies, statistics, economics or related field;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation with at least 2 years on a donor funded project.
- Understanding of the current M&E trends and especially M&E systems in development organizations
- Experience with a range of M&E methodologies, and sound understanding of quantitative and qualitative research skills with the ability to analyze and interpret data from various sources.
- Knowledge of donor procurement and project implementation procedures and processes.
- Proficiency in data management and analytic software e.g. MS Excel, Tableau, SPSS, Stata
- Ability to measure performance in a business setting as well as in non-profit settings.
- Ability to train staff; experience in managing third party contractors ideal.
- Excellent analytical skills with experience in quantitative data analysis and data management preferable.
- Ability to develop well written, cohesive analyses and reports
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness to travel domestically.