TechnoServe is an international nonprofit organization that helps people lift themselves out of poverty by harnessing the power of the private sector. Operating in almost 30 countries, we work with hardworking women and men in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. By linking people to information, capital, and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities.
The requirements for TechnoServe’s anticipated purchase are listed below. An additional and more detailed Statement of Work is also attached. Interested parties should submit the following.
a. A concise 1-page proposal illustrating how the work will be carried out as
b. CVs of Consulting team
c. Examples of similar previous work
Period of Performance
The period of performance of any contract resulting from this solicitation is anticipated to be between the start and end dates listed below. Proposals shall detail the estimated length of time required to accomplish all requirements, with detail on individual activity implementation dates, as referenced in the Scope of Work.
Start Date: 22/06/2022
End Date : 06/07/2022
Proposal Content Instructions
In addition to responding to the Statement of Work, all proposals must:
- Describe the qualifications, experience and capabilities of the firm in providing the type of services being requested by this RFP. Resumes or CVs of “key personnel” shall be submitted as an attachment.
- Include a contact name, email address, and telephone number to facilitate communication between TechnoServe and the submitting organization.
- A brief outline of the company and services offered, including:
- Full legal name, jurisdiction of incorporation, and address of the company.
- Full legal name and country of citizenry of company’s President, Chief Executive Officer, and/or all other principal officers of the company.
- Year the business was established.
Proposals must contain a detailed cost breakdown with applicable taxes and other charges clearly identified (and be presented in conformity with any further instructions included in the Statement of Work). To ensure consideration, all quotes must be submitted in the language, currency, and by the due date noted below:
All proposals must be emailed to the address below with your proposal attached in one or more files (PDF preferred). You will receive an auto-confirmation upon receipt. To ensure the integrity of this procurement exercise, DO NOT email your proposal to any employee of TechnoServe or deliver your proposal in hard copy to a TechnoServe office. Failing to strictly adhere to these instructions may make your proposal
ineligible for consideration. Email: [email protected]
Order of Events
This solicitation exercise will be administered in accordance with the following dates (subject to change at TechnoServe’s sole discretion):
01/07/2022 – Last date that questions will be accepted. Note that questions and answers will be distributed to all interested parties, so questions should not disclose trade secrets, confidential information, or information that might give another vendor a competitive advantage. Questions should be emailed to: [email protected]
04/07/2022 – Date that answers to questions will be distributed to all.
06/07/2022 – Last date that proposals will be accepted by TechnoServe.
Terms and Conditions
- The Request for Proposal is not and shall not be considered an offer by TechnoServe.
- All responses must be received on or before the date and time indicated on the RFP. All late responses will be rejected.
- All unresponsive proposals will be rejected.
All proposals will be considered binding offers. Prices proposed must be valid for the entire period provided by the respondent or required by the RFP.
- All awards will be subject to TechnoServe contractual terms and conditions and contingent on the availability of donor funding.
- TechnoServe reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal or cancel the solicitation process at any time, without assigning any reason, and shall have noliability to any vendors submitting proposals for such rejection or cancellation of the RFP.
- TechnoServe reserves the right to accept all or part of the proposal when awarding the purchase order/contract.
- All information provided by TechnoServe in this RFP is offered in good faith. Individual items are subject to change at any time and all bidders will be provided with notification of any changes. TechnoServe is not responsible or liable for any use of the information submitted by bidders or for any claims asserted therefrom.
- TechnoServe reserves the right to require any bidder to enter into a non-disclosure agreement.
- The bidders are solely obligated to pay for all costs, of any kind whatsoever, which may be incurred by bidder or any third parties, in connection with the Response.
All Responses and supporting documentation shall become the property of TechnoServe, subject to claims of confidentiality in respect of the Response and supporting documentation, which have been clearly marked confidential by the bidder.
- Bidders are required to identify and disclose any actual or potential Conflict of
Criteria for Selection
The evaluation of each response to this solicitation will be based on the requirements set out in the Criteria for Selection and according to the requirements in this RFP. At the sole discretion of TechnoServe, the responsive bidders may be selected for follow-up questions or to provide an oral presentation. TechnoServe reserves the right to award the contract to the organization whose proposal is deemed to be in the best
interest of and most advantageous to TechnoServe. TechnoServe will not award a contract to any bidder where there is indication of a lack of business integrity. After TechnoServe receives proposals and written evaluations are completed, the selected bidder will be notified. Commitments made by the bidder after
election, and final demonstration will be considered. The following points will be assigned to the proposals for evaluation purposes.
10. Selection Criteria
1. Quality of the proposal (10%)
2. At least 10 years as a Horticulture Training Consultant, Horticulture Production Manager, Horticulture Agronomist, or similar with a specialization in high value vegetable production (30%)
3. At least 10 years’ experience training farmers in a practical setting (20%)
4. Very strong ability to plan and structure training with experience developing session plans and learning material appropriate for smallholder farmers (20%)
5. Relevant education background (10%)
6. Budget (10%)
See attached scope of works here
To apply for this job email your details to buy+ZM+P0011853@tns.org