Peace Corps Zambia
PEACE CORPS/ZAMBIA VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: VA- 11/2017
Peace Corps/Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of TEFL Certificate Specialist (TEFL CS)
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time 40 hours/Week
STARTING SALARY: ZMW 220,654.00/Annum
The TEFL Certificate Specialist (TEFL CS) will serves as the principal training and administrative support for implementing Peace Corps/Zambia’s TEFL Certificate program within the Rural Education Development (RED) project. His/her duties contribute to the efficient management of Peace Corps’ TEFL project activities.
Such duties are performed in the following situations:
- In collaboration with the Project Manager (PM) and Programming and Training Specialists (PTS), the TEFL CS has the responsibility for supporting the design, development, implementation, delivery, and evaluation of Peace Corps Zambia Programming and Training system for TEFL Certificate.
- Shares training and administrative duties with the PTS related to the support of 70+ field-based Volunteers, and 35 Trainees per cycle.
- Accountable for maintaining and updating all data related to a Volunteer’s TEFL Certificate requirements (e.g. assessments, online learning community participation, observations etc.); organizes and provides Volunteers with relevant technical related resources; provides logistical support to program related events, preparation of relevant TEFL Certificate documents.
- The TEFL CS implements approved activities providing continuing programming and training support for Volunteers and works under the general supervision of the Education Program Manager. During the training cycle (PST and IST), the TEFL CS will share training duties with the PTS, act as primary contact for all TEFL Certificate questions, reporting, evaluating, and will take direction from the Training Manager and/or Pre-Service Training Specialist.
In order to be selected for this position, the applicant must be a Zambian Citizen, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit a typed cover letter and CV that clearly documents how they meet each of the following mandatory requirements;
- Bachelor’s degree in English or related field of study, preferable with teaching credentials
- Five years teaching experience in a Zambian primary or secondary school with 3 years at supervisory/leadership level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Expertise in designing training modules and implementing training for adults using adult learning theory.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, Computer proficiency include knowledge of MS word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
For detailed job specifications and submission instructions, please visit: https://zm.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/.
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter and CV (with at least three traceable references) that clearly documents how you meet each of the above requirements must be submitted by close of business November 22, 2017. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement when applying for this role.
Address applications to:
The Human Resources Specialist,
Peace Corps Zambia,
Plot 71A Kabulonga Rd.
P.O. Box 50707, Lusaka, Zambia
Email: [email protected] clearly stating name and position applied for in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and no telephone inquiries will be entertained
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com