PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
In the last several years, remarkable progress has been made in fighting Malaria worldwide. In November 2006, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation awarded a grant to support the expansion of the fight against malaria in Africa. Advancements in prevention and treatment have resulted in marked reductions in illness and death. Eliminating malaria is achievable using existing tools and a focused strategy, and the Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA III), a program at PATH, is working with its national partners to chart the way forward through the development of an evidence-based framework to guide countries through a comprehensive set of program interventions to elimination.
PATH is currently recruiting a Temporary Driver for an initial period of six (6) months who will be responsible for transporting project staff, project counterparts, consultants and other visitors to project sites, workshops/meetings, and various events in and around Southern Province and other areas. The Driver will also perform or schedule maintenance services and ensure that project vehicles are clean and in proper working order. This position will be based in Choma, Zambia.
- Transporting project staff, project counterparts, consultants and other visitors to project sites, workshops/meetings, and various events in and around Southern Province and other areas.
- Ensuring the safety of passengers by courteously reminding them of safety practices while in the vehicle.
- Performing or scheduling maintenance services and ensuring that project vehicles are clean and in proper working order.
- Following up with vehicle maintenance regulations and licenses, and making recommendations to the Senior Administration Officer for necessary actions.
- Reporting suspected vehicle malfunctions or issues.
- Ensuring that vehicles have adequate petrol at all times, using office account.
- Maintaining the vehicle/driver’s log book.
- Updating all vehicle documents and checking vehicle insurance.
- Running project office errands, such as document delivery, mailing, banking, customs clearance, bill payments, shopping for office supplies etc., as requested.
- Assisting the Project Officers in managing the office and arranging for training and meetings.
- Assisting with maintenance of project office space, including re-arrangement of furniture and minor repairs of office equipment.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have a valid and clean driver’s license.
- Basic knowledge/familiarity with automobile maintenance is required.
- Self-motivated, courteous, and humble individual.
- At least five years of experience working for International NGOs.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
NB* Choma residents are strongly encouraged to apply.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert.