PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH, with support from the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, is implementing the ‘Innovative Approaches to Integrate Family Planning in Routine Childhood Immunization in Zambia’ project in four Southern province districts. This work is being carried out in close collaboration with the Directorate of Performance Improvement as well as the Family Planning and Child Health Units. The project is anchored on the application of Human Centered Design (HCD) to identify and co-create solutions that help to solve the problem of persistent unmet needs for family planning among postpartum women.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Temporary Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer to support the program officer to conduct M & E activities for the Hewlett FP/Immunization integration project. This position is for the duration of three months only.
- Document actions, plans, commitments by key stakeholders in Zambia to integrate project solutions in relevant primary health care, EPI, and RH/FP policies.
- Tracking facility uptake of results to measure success of Hewlett project scope focused on innovative design approaches.
- Together with the project staff, recommend adjustments within project districts to signal national commitment.
- Ensure significant disruption in delivery of MOH health services due to COVID-19 are tracked and documented to inform decision making.
- Track engagements from MOH and other FP and EPI partners in Zambia to inform concrete endorsement of the project findings to drive sustainable next steps for scale-up.
- Coordinate and participate in the timely collection and analysis of all supported facilities’ program performance data, document best practices and success stories in all the 4 districts of project catchment area.
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual programmatic performance reports; conduct basic data analysis and interpretation as required for program support and for reporting.
- Collaborate with other M&E and technical staff to interpret data and adjust implementation strategies accordingly to maximize impact.
- Provide updates on the project indicators monthly.
- Provide guidance in the development and implementation of monitoring tools, which will include, but not be limited to, data collection, data quality, analysis, and reporting on program indicators.
- Participate in discussions for design and scale up plans of project activities.
- Bachelors’ degree in development studies and/or relevant field.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in providing monitoring and evaluation support.
- Experience in setting up and updating databases.
- Ability to work collaboratively across disciplines and support diverse team members in completing tasks.
- Understanding of donor reporting requirements preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft software packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Well-organized and detail oriented with good follow-through.
- Strong writing skills.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. *
Please be advised:
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
To apply for this job please visit path.silkroad.com.