ChildFund Country Office
Plot No. 9158, Lunsemfwa Road
P.O.Box 32682, Lusaka
Tel: 260 211 294644
TENDER FOR PROVISION OF AUDIT SERVICES
ChildFund wishes to invite your firm to submit proposals for Auditing services with the following Terms of Reference:
TITLE OF PROJECT:
CHILD FRIENDLY SCHOOL PHASE 3 (CFS III)
1. SCOPE OF WORK
The external audit shall include accounting, financial and program documents of Child Friendly School (CFS III) grant which is funded by Government of Germany (BMZ) through ChildFund Deutschland.
The auditors will be provided with unrestricted access to Child Friendly School grant project records and implementation sites for their work. All information for review will be treated with strict confidence.
2. OBJECTIVE OF THE AUDIT
In complying with the signed Project Agreement; the objective of the audit is for the external auditor to provide an independent opinion on whether the funding provided by BMZ through ChildFund Deutschland was spent on the approved activities that were planned and reported on, as well as to validate the accuracy of supporting documents. The external audit should be completed by 16th April 2021.
The external auditor shall ascertain whether:
- Reported expenses fit into one of the sections of the approved project budget (or any subsequent revisions agreed) and budget line limits have been complied with.
- Expenses are adequately supported by original proofs (providing information as to the recipient, reason for payment, proof of payment and date).
- Expenses have been incurred during the eligibility period.
- Expenses charged to the grant project have been duly authorized, in accordance with the project agreement.
- Project assets and inventory reports show proofs of existence in line with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- The accounting and other project records and registers required by the Zambia NGO Act of 2009 have been properly kept in accordance with the Act.
The external auditor will be required to apply a risk-based methodology and the audit techniques in line with international standards on auditing.
This work should be scheduled at a time mutually convenient for all parties, and a final report should be available on 16th April 2021.
The auditors shall provide ChildFund Zambia with an audit report not later than 16th April 2021.
In the event that unjustified expenditures and other actions are observed during the audit, the external auditor shall accompany their audit report with a declaration specifying the amounts involved.
Reports shall be written in English and submitted to ChildFund Zambia Country Director who will gladly share the reports with ChildFund Deutschland.
5. AUDITOR’S EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The audit firm must have a valid licence from the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA), valid tax clearance and valid practicing certificates for the partners.
Key Team should comprise of at least
- A partner with atleast 7 years of experience and should be a member of ZICA
- A senior Auditor with atleast three years of experience in auditing
- Audit Asistant(s)
CRITERIA FOR TECHNICAL EVALUATION
|Assessment Criteria||Weighting (%)|
|Understanding of the Audit requirement||15|
|Specific Experience of firm related to the assignment||10|
|Adequacy of proposed workplan and methodology in responding to TOR||25|
|Qualifications of proposed team:
Senior Auditor –
Audit Assistant(s) –
- Kindly submit quotations in Zambian Kwacha
- There will be no price variation after contract signing
- Prices must be inclusive of all taxes
- Bid Shall be valid for 90 days after the closing of this tender
- Closing date for submission is Monday, 11th January, 2021 at 10:30hrs local
- Email quotations will be acceptable([email protected])
Eligible bidders must submit the following documents together with their bids;-
- A company profile with details of physical address and contact details
- A Tax Registration Certificate – with TPIN
- Valid Tax Clearance Certificate