The Zambia National Education Coalition (ZANEC) is a network of Education Sector Civil Society Organisations whose core mandate is to advocate for quality education for all Zambians.
The country in 2022 and 2021 experienced learning challenges with the advent of the Covid-19 pandemic which restricted face-to-face lessons. This made remote learning an absolute necessity for education to continue. However, remote learning was not effective due to technical challenges for both teachers and learners as a result of the lack of knowledge on effective delivery.
2.0 RATIONALE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
In light of the above, ZANEC through the support of the GIZ-Backup support programme would like to conduct a digital literacy training workshop for teachers in six districts in Zambia. The districts include Kasempa and Mufumbe in North Western Province, Mpika and Chinsali in Muchinga Province and Kafue and Chiawa in Lusaka Province. The districts have been selected due to their rural nature and research has shown that pupils in these areas were badly affected during the school closures. It is envisaged that equipping the teachers with the different learning tools available to support digital learning for learners would help ensure continuity in the learning process during emergiencies such as the covid-19 pandemic that forced the schools to close down for about six months.
The training will be for educators in institutions of learning which will include primary and secondary schools.
3.0. OBJECTIVES OF THE ACTIVITY
This activity hopes to
- Equip teachers with knowledge on how to access educational content online using their smartphones, tablets or computers
- Equip teachers with knowledge on how to research and access information online.
- Provide skills to effectively conduct lessons using offline and online platforms such as Atingi, Microsoft Teams and Google meet.
- Equip teachers with knowledge on how to use the different offline and online learner assessment tools available
4.0. SCOPE OF CONSULTANCY
ZANEC wishes to hire the services of a consultant to conduct training for teachers over a period of 12 days to:
- Produce a training Manual/tools for the training and future reference
- Conduct the digital literacy training for teachers in the six selected districts
- Produce an activity report on the training with clear recommendations.
- A digital Literacy training manual
- Training of teachers in the targeted districts
- Report on the training
- Must possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Proven experience and track record in having undertaken similar assignments.
- Strong ICT, analytical, writing and communication skills
- Ability to devote full time towards meeting assignment deadlines.
All expressions of interest with a detailed budget for the training must be submitted through email to the address below by 17:00hrs on Friday 16th September 2022.
The Executive Director,
Zambia National Education Coalition,
Baptist Fellowship Building,
Plot 3061/2 Corner Makishi Road and Great East Road,
P.O. Box 30774,
Email: [email protected]