Terms of Reference (TOR) for the Consultant for Reviewing HNP Curriculum & HNP Student Training Manuals Work with NMCZ and Partners.
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health, and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Our guiding principles dictate to walk our talk, we actively work with our core values in our overall planning and in our day-to-day activities. These core values are encompassed in Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Honesty, and Servant Leadership
Global Reach II Project
Global Reach II project, is a five-year program (2021-2025) that aims to collaboratively formulate and deliver high-quality solutions across the range of programming required to achieve durable HIV epidemic control under the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR); emphasizing new and innovative approaches pursued jointly with Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) and other stakeholders. Additionally, the project aims to translate new science into programming and mitigate the impact of forces such as global pandemics on the HIV response. Programs and activities are to span health services, structural interventions, and data use and tracking systems. Global Reach II will leverage HRSA’s broader expertise and equities on global health needs. Global Reach II has three main objectives namely:
- Increase regulatory councils’ and MOH capacities in HRH management, including CBVs, through strengthened HRIS for decision-making; and enhancing abilities to achieve 95-95-95 goals
- Increase the number and capacity of nurses to prescribe antiretroviral therapy (ART) to manage and provide ongoing support for people living with HIV (PLHIV) and provide pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) to HIV-negative individuals
- Improve healthcare workers’ HIV service delivery capacity through continuing professional development (CPD) by building tele education/tele- mentoring technology platforms
Global Reach II is supporting MOH to increase the number and capacity of nurses to prescribe antiretroviral therapy (ART) to manage and provide ongoing support for people living with
HIV (PLHIV) and provide pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) to HIV-negative individuals to contribute to Zambia meeting the 95-95-95 UNAIDS care and treatments goals by 2030. This is achieved by ensuring that the HNPs in this program/course acquire a mix of the required knowledge and competencies that influence positive patient health outcomes.
Global Reach II will work with NMCZ and partners to update incorporate new trends in HIV/AIDS management and, customer care concept in the HNP curriculum and related student training manuals. Jhpiego plans to hire a consultant to work with NMCZ and partners in the HNP Curriculum review process.
SCOPE OF WORK
The consultant will work with NMCZ and other key partners in reviewing the HNP curriculum and the related student training manuals. He/She shall serve as a curriculum review expert to ensure a successful and timely review process of both the HNP curriculum and related student training manuals based on the Higher Education Authority (HEA) and Zambia Qualifications Authority (ZAQA) guidelines.
The review of the curriculum and training manuals shall include the steps indicated in the table below;
|1||User feedback (online) and gap analysis –
|3 Days||Report of the user feedback and gap analysis|
|2||Engage Subject Matter Experts in consultation with NMCZ and MoH to reach consensus, review the curriculum and HNP student training manuals.||5 Days||Draft zero of the HNP curriculum and student training manuals|
|3||Engage Subject Matter Experts in consultation with NMCZ and MoH to validate, edit the reviewed curriculum and HNP student training manuals.||5 Days||Draft one of the HNP curriculum and student training manuals.|
|4||Edit and update the references/ Prescribed and recommended books in consultation with NMCZ and MoH||4 Days||Final HNP Curriculum and training manuals.|
|5||Prepare an electronic orientation package to Orient Clinical instructors, Tutors and lecturers on the reviewed HNP curriculum and Training manuals using the available platforms in Consultation with Jhpiego||3 Days||Orientation package|
Estimated Period of Performance: Total of 20 working days non-consecutively
This call is for consulting firms or individual consultants. Consultants shall demonstrate the following expertise and qualifications:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- Masters of Public Health/ Masters of Science in Nursing/ Masters of Science in Nursing Education/ Masters in International Health or related field
- 5+ years of experience in the Education and Training of Nurses, preferably in the HIV field
- In-depth knowledge and demonstrated capacity for Curriculum development and review
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills
- Computer literate
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Conceptual skills
- Strong knowledge and skills in teaching methodologies of Training Health
- Proven results in working with multiple collaborators locally &
- Knowledge of customer care is an added
- Oral communications
- Company profile and experience (clearly stating full contact details, physical address, and contact telephone lines
- Certificate of incorporation or registration/TPIN
- Tax Registration
- Declaration of any business or personal relationships connected to Jhpiego
Tenders shall also include:
- CV of the proposed consultant (s)
- Reference/ samples of similar assignments completed and
- Fee rate in ZWM per day per consultant
A successful consultancy firm or individual consultant will be selected based on meeting the qualifications required and interviews of company representatives and/or candidates.
Tenders should be sent by email [email protected] before 17:00hrs on 13th January, 2023