Website Monsanto Company
Monsanto is an agriculture company
Testing & Operation Manager:
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual with the ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary breeding team. The Testing Operations Manager partners with the breeders to support individual program needs and work priorities to ensure that they are accomplished. The incumbent will maintain site responsibility partnerships to ensure efficient work flow and work load balancing. This position will be based at our Monsanto Lusaka, Zambia office. The Testing Manager will report to the Regional Breeding Lead but will work closely and consult with the co-located Commercial Breeder, Line Development Breeders and Operations Manager on site and work needs and priorities.
Scope of the Job:
The Testing Manager (TM) is responsible for all day-to-day operations of the corn yield testing program, including the planning, planting and harvesting of all yield trials. The incumbent will be responsible for;
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with our trial cooperators (farmers) and manage all contracts with these farmers.
- Ensuring that staff of the Testing team are trained in all ESH procedures, regulatory and compliance protocols and business conduct protocols.
- Acquiring and maintaining adequate facilities and equipment for effective and efficient functioning of the Testing team.
- Oversee a yield testing program which will lead to the development of improved inbred lines and the advancement of superior hybrids and traits.
- Administer a yield testing program including the recruiting, training, development and retention of personnel as well as budget management.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- B.Sc. in an agricultural field and 5+ years of significant people and project management in an agricultural-related position.
- Broad knowledge of crop production and farming practices
- Experience with farm equipment operation and repair and be prepared to plant and harvest their share of the yield testing locations.
- Broad knowledge of crop production and farming practices.
- Exhibit team leadership skills including excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write and speak English fluently and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- MS in Plant Breeding, Agronomy or related field of study with 3+ years of significant people and project management experience in an agricultural-related research position.
- Good working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
- Strong computer skills related to data acquisition, organization and data analysis.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org