CITAMplus The Community Initiative for Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS and Malaria (CITAMplus)
The Community Initiative for Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS and Malaria plus related diseases (CITAMplus) is a Zambian NGO founded in 2009 committed to promoting human rights, social justice, and equal access to healthcare services in Zambia, with a particular focus on TB and reaching vulnerable and key populations – such as women and girls. Headquartered in Lusaka, Libala Stage one; Plot 259, Burma Road with a hub office in Ndola at Provident House.
Job advert for USAID TB LON Provincial Community Liaison Officer
The Provincial Community Liaison Officer (CLO) will provide coordination, technical advice, guidance, and support to a wide range of program design and implementation issues for the TB LON project at provincial, district and facility level in line with CITAMplus program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to regional and Country Program teams to advance the delivery of high-quality Program.
The CLO reports to the Project Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the liaison between CITAMplus and the District Health Offices in the province as well as other implementing partners/stakeholders within the supported region on issues relating TB programming
- Advise TB Community Volunteers under the LON project on all areas of TB control (patient-centered care, MDR-TB, TB/HIV, community engagement etc.).
- Act as a TB mentor at the province level under the LON project.
- Build the capacity of CBVs through on-the-job training and coaching.
- Participate in all TB and TB/HIV forums at local level and provide updates as required
- Participate in joint supportive supervision visits with the Project leadership.
- Identify bottlenecks and opportunities in TB control in the province.
- Supervise and inspire team members, while creating an environment where sharing, technical debate and innovation are routine.
- Contribute to the development of the work plan and implement the outlined project activities with the team.
- Plan, coordinate and check the activities and deadlines of the regional team.
- Monitor the project performance according to the M&E plan.
- Prepare and submit TIMELY weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the Project Officer.
- Participate in quarterly provincial TB and Leprosy Coordinators performance review meetings and the NTLP meetings.
- Assist the districts TB and Leprosy Coordinators in any other activity in line with those described in the NTLP national manual.
- Identify areas for cross-cutting collaboration with Provincial partners.
- Identify knowledge gaps in the team and initiate and guide further team capacity building.
- Maintain personal in-depth knowledge on TB care and prevention areas
- Other duties as assigned by CITAMplus leadership
- A minimum of three years’ experience in public health and/or TB control (preferred nurse or Clinical Officer)
- Proven track record in people, project and finance management.
- Expertise in overall management of TB and HIV.
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring and training CHWs
- Knowledge and skills in project activities implementation.
- Excellent organizational, planning, negotiating, and problem-solving skills.
Behavioral Competencies and Skills:
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Excellent presentation Skills.
How to Apply:
Interested Applicants should submit an application letter responding to the advert and with the minimum requirements outlined above, together with a CV (maximum 2 pages) and full contact details of at least 3 professional referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please email application to:
Application deadline 03/01/2023