Website THE NATURE CONSERVANCY
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which include a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there are lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want better insight into TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube or on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.”
Since establishing the Africa Program in 2007, The Nature Conservancy’s vision in Africa is to work towards fostering a sustainable future for people and nature, partnering with indigenous communities, governments, and the private sector across more than 22 million hectares on the continent. Our efforts are firmly rooted in people, leveraging scientific and technical expertise as we collaborate with key stakeholders to conserve and enhance Africa’s shared resources in the countries we operate.
Marketing and Communications plays a pivotal role in the Africa Program, ensuring brand consistency as conservation impact is delivered across diverse landscapes through the application of multifaceted approaches to raise visibility and position The Nature Conservancy in Africa as a thought leader and partner of choice toward the achievement of our 2030 goals and the continent’s vision of an Africa that is both prosperous and wild . We design communications strategies and campaigns to engage audiences who can positively influence conservation action, policy, and practices so that TNC can meet its positive future vision for nature and people.
We’re Looking for You
The Coordinator of Communications is the liaison and frontline support for the Marketing and Communications department facilitating ongoing communication on project flow with internal and external stakeholders to execute project deliverables demonstrating financial responsibility in purchasing, processing invoices, contracting vendors, and participating in annual audit processes.
Specific roles and scope responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the Marketing & Communications helpdesk and tracking assignment allocations to team members
- Manage vendor relations and help develop marketing collateral for programs that aligns with the shared conservation agenda
- Assist in budget development, tracking, and monitoring
- Review and ensure the quality of marketing distribution material and create Africa database lists
- Coordinate meeting logistics, special events, and support administrative functions
- Coordinate, execute, monitor, and measure the conservancy’s marketing and communications efforts under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Implement operational delivery of branding principles whether applied internally or outbound including social media posting
- Oversee and manage the brand assets registry
- Ensure that TNC’s communication outputs are of a high standard, respond to the needs of the target audience, and are delivered within the agreed budget and timelines
- Stay up to date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practice
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience cultivating and managing client/customer relationships.
- Experience writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience organizing and coordinating multiple projects.
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment with internal and external partners.
For a full Job profile and how to apply please visit https://careers.nature.org/ and search for 52468. Submit CV and cover letter separately using the upload buttons online. All applications must be submitted to the system before the end of the day on November 17, 2022.