Website THE NATURE CONSERVANCY
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Associate Director of Finance manages the functional activities and personnel for all aspects of finance area at the Africa business unit and provides high-level financial analysis to senior business unit and organizational leadership. Reporting to the Director Finance and Operations and working closely with Business unit leadership and functions in Worldwide Office Finance and with other departments and organizational units as necessary for the effective functioning of the Finance area, the position will be based at the TNC Regional office in Nairobi Kenya.
The Associate Director of Finance is a subject matter expert and serves as a resource to the Africa business unit, including as an advisor to senior level staff. They are responsible for managing the day-to-day functional activities and personnel in Accounting, Treasury, Audit and Compliance, budgeting, and reporting areas of the Business Unit, and providing financial analysis to senior management. Generally responsible for the management, maintenance and reporting of financial data, monitoring of management controls and processes to ensure compliance with TNC policies and procedures, relevant legal and regulatory frameworks, and financial/management best practice. They co-lead the fiscal year budgeting process , ensuring the accuracy of budgets and their completion within set deadlines with a focus on development of budget templates, alignment to proposed activities, and staffing plans as well as ensuring requisite cost recovery. They cross function with other business development activities which includes tracking business forecast, and budgets performance to ensure alignment with annual strategic plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field and 7 years related work experience.
- MBA and CPA(K) or ACCA qualification.
- Experience working with computer and information management systems, Excel spreadsheets and databases for financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports.
- Experience recruiting, supervising, and developing staff.
- Experience in developing, managing, and implementing multiple projects.
- Experience managing a large finance department in the not-for-profit organizations.
- Experience working in complex contexts and dealing with complex situations.
- Experience developing budgets, performing high level financial analysis, and recommending corrective action as appropriate.
- Experience acting as an advisor to senior executives.
- Experience with GAAP and not-for-profit accounting principles, practices, and regulations, including government grants accounting and reporting.
- Experience working with U.S. Federal government circulars (OMB Circulars A-110, A-122 and A-133) and state and local regulations
For a full Job profile and how to apply please visit https://careers.nature.org/ and search for 51804.
Submit CV and cover letter separately using the upload buttons online. All applications must be submitted to the system before the end of the day on July 30, 2022.