Website THE NATURE CONSERVANCY
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
Project Assistant- Resilient Ecosystem will support the Project Manager -Resilient Ecosystem in leadership of project implementation, coordination and joint planning with partners and funding subrecipients, and effective project monitoring and reporting to the Project Manager -Resilient Ecosystem. As a member of the Project Management Unit, the Project Assistant- Resilient Ecosystem will engage with Northern Tanzania Rangelands Initiative (NTRI) partners and other stakeholders such as communities and government actors to achieve integrated outcomes for biodiversity conservation and poverty reduction, including through the development of a soil carbon project with pastoralist communities. This is a four-year term public award for the Northern Tanzania Rangelands. Reporting to the Project Manager -Resilient Ecosystem, the position will be based in Arusha, Tanzania. No employment visas or assistance is being offered with this position except for the local labor employment requirements.
The Project Assistant- Resilient Ecosystem is responsible for supporting the project implementation to achieve TNC’s landscape project objectives by representing TNC in relationships and negotiations with government agencies, partners, communities, and other stakeholders. Their expertise in community-based conservation and carbon finance mechanisms will support delivery of the project’s objective to create sustainable revenue flows including through a prospective soil carbon project. They will help identify and resolve any challenges to effective project management and compliance. position them to support the Project Manager -Resilient Ecosystem and team where they are most needed in the field as well as office-based management duties.
- BA/BS degree in natural resources management, conservation, business administration, economic development, carbon financing or another related field of study and 3 years of related work experience in conservation, carbon finance, conservation-oriented market and investment development, and/or other related experience.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and timelines within budget and compliance requirements.
- Experience developing partnerships (partners, community, government).
- Experience with reporting to public funders on technical delivery of projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
For a full Job profile and how to apply please visit https://careers.nature.org and search for 51652.
Submit CV and cover letter separately using the upload buttons online. All applications must be submitted in the system before the end of day on June 26, 2022.