We work with persons with intellectual disabilities
DICE Juice Bar Job Coach (Member Relations – Report Writing – Employer Relations)
The role of a job coach is to help the persons with disabilities (pwid) learn, accommodate and perform work duties. In addition to working on skills related to performing specific job tasks,the job coach will help with interpersonal skills necessary in the workplace.
The Job Coach is to accompany the pwid at a job location and dice juice bar events both during the week and weekends. She/ he is responsible for a smooth running of events from beginning to end and that the pwid succeeds and progresses well in their employment.
Job Coach Responsibilities
- Implementing the most effective, least intrusive techniques to help the employee learn job skills.
- Teaching the employee how to use available transport to and from the job site.
- Assist the employee develop a standard of production acceptable to the employer.
- Learn alongside the employee to familiarize him/her with the specific job demands.
- Provide disability awareness information to the employer, supervisors and co- workers.
- Assist the employee to become more independent by developing natural supports so that the job can coach can successfully fade out from the job site.
- Identify and address problems that will affect the employee’s ability to maintain employment.
- Visit the different job site and write reports on how the employee is fairing at work.
- Be able to fill the different supported employment forms.
- Assess the strengths of individuals and teach the them to use the effectively
- Help in the development of motivation and skills.
- Assist the employee in developing social and life skills.
- To work with the trainees family to ensure that the trainee is ready for work each day and to discuss and solve any problem that may arise.
Prepare and present informative reports to both employer and Sani Foundation Events
- To ensure practical organisation for DICE Juice Bar event is done.
- Ensure trainees and families are informed and prepared for each event in time.
- Guides the trainees from beginning to end of each event.
- Ensures progress of DICE Juice Bar performance increases.
- To be available to work at the Dice Bar and other social businesses
- Be available to working on weekends or evenings depending on the timing of events and trainees job placements.
Skills and requirements:
- Must be eligible to work in Zambia
- Attention to detail, desire to keep learning, staying one step ahead of materials being taught, and member focused.
- Must have a Grade 12 Certificate
- Any Tertially education coupled with ability to adapt and learn quickly will be an added advantage
- Possession of a drivers Licence preferred.
Work-Based Learning Coordinator for Training matters
DICE Juice Bar Manager for DICE Juice Bar events.
Apply to the following email address with detailed CV and cover Letter: [email protected] and copy [email protected] Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.