ACCOUNTANTS ASSISTANT JOB OPPORTUNITY
A reputable Hotel Group and its affiliates, develop, own and operates business-travelers’ lifestyle hotels in Zambia. The group has operations in Zambia and developments in Lusaka, Ndola and Kasama.
To service the growing network of hotels in Zambia, the Hotel desires to fill the position of Assistant Accountant with a highly independent, motivated individual with an eye for success for the newly opened Urban Hotel, Ndola.
The successful candidate will report to the Hotel Accountant and shall have the responsibility of managing the accounting department of the hotel. The Assistant Accountant shall assist in the financial activities of the hotel, safeguard the assets, and help prepare financial reports. The Assistant Accountant is required to be able to manage multiple priorities with minimum supervision.
- Effective management of accounts receivables and payables
- Conduct payroll data entry function and all other payroll functions
- Timely billing of all direct bill accounts with complete backup and accurate invoices
- Assist in daily cash management functions including online banking and electronic funds transfer
- Accurately maintain books of account in order to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval of information
- Efficient stock controlling
- Timely preparation of financial reports in order to facilitate decision making Act as bank agent
- Ensure NAPSA, PAYE, NHIMA are is submitted and payments are made on time
- Effectively File PACRA Annual returns
- Ensure compliance certificates from statutory bodies are collected and filed
- Prepare monthly payroll and printing of pay slips
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
The candidate must possess;
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- ZICA Licentiate / Advanced Diploma or Degree in Accountancy/ ACCA Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business/ CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years proven relevant experience
- Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Must be a member of ZICA
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and pastel
- Able to communicate effectively
- Proactive and Team Player
- Ability to handle confidential information ethically and with integrity
Qualified applicants for the above position should submit application letters, curriculum vitae and valid three referees to the address below before closing January 30th, 2022 to Email: [email protected]
Only candidates whose profile matches the job specifications will be contacted.