Website The ZAMBIA ADVENTIST PUBLISHING HOUSE
The Zambia Adventist Publishing House is inviting suitably qualified persons to apply for the following position:
Position: Prepress Technician
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Qualifications/ Skills / Experience
- Advanced Certificate in Printing
- At least 2 years experience in prepress work
- Good knowledge of desktop publishing software, such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and CorelDRAW
- Skilled in laying out and designing books, magazines and related jobs.
- Experience in page imposition for books, magazines and other related jobs.
- Experience in plate making and all other light table work.
- Skilled in colour stripping for books and other documents.
- Should be creative and have an eye for colour and design
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A team player, good organizer, and honest
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimum supervision
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Laying out and designing books & commercial jobs.
- Page imposition for books, magazines and other related jobs.
- Plate making and all other light table work.
- Colour stripping for books and other documents.
- Colour separation using digital printers.
- Digitally scanning images and adding them to the page or document
- Retouching colour and ensuring overall accuracy of the document
- Creating sample proofs and sending them to customers
- Getting the items ready for the printing process
- Performing special projects and assignments as directed by supervisors.
Application letters accompanied by a curriculum vitae, high school certificate, college diploma and transcript, professional certificate, three recommendation letters, and contact cell numbers should reach the address below no later than January 30, 2023.
The Zambia Adventist Publishing House
Email: [email protected]
P.O. Box 38092, Lusaka, ZAMBIA