TONGABEZI TRUST SCHOOL
Tongabezi Trust School is an independent School with over 280 children from Preschool to Grade 9. We offer high-quality education and co-curricular activities to vulnerable children within the rural community on the outskirts of Livingstone. The school follows the Zambian National Curriculum together with influences from overseas. The vision of the school is to develop independent learners who have the skills to make informed decisions about their lives, their future and the world they live in so as to fully utilize available opportunities.
We invite applications from suitably qualified individuals for the following positions:
Guidance and Counselling Teacher / School Counsellor.
We require a dynamic, multi-talented and mature Counsellor to manage the provision of psychosocial care and guidance and counselling within the school. The ideal candidate will work as the school counsellor, assisting the children in moulding their future through counselling therapy. He/she will lead the provision of counselling services for student-related difficulties across the school.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in psychology or guidance and counselling is strongly preferred.
- Maintain current Zambian licensure as a counselling practitioner.
- Have experience working with OVCs (added advantage).
- Able to communicate effectively in Tonga/Nyanja/Lozi and English.
- Have at least 3 years of experience in counselling children.
- Experience in successful counselling in a school set-up is essential
- Must have a TCZ License
- Counsellors must have a ZCC license.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to uphold confidentiality and maintain strong counselling ethics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Experience in counselling-related record keeping.
- Ability to identify and creatively address issues.
- Strong networking skills.
- Ability to assess and make appropriate referrals where necessary.
- Perform daily scheduling tasks and complete a daily tracking sheet.
- Exhibit effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Group facilitation skills.
- Ability to submit detailed and conscientious annual departmental budgeting plans.
We seek an enthusiastic, qualified and experienced teacher to take up an exciting job as a Science Teacher. The candidate must be reflective, passionate and highly creative. The ideal candidate will need experience in successful teaching at primary and secondary school levels and a wider understanding of current educational issues.
Applicants must have a minimum of the following;
- A relevant teaching Degree or Diploma from a reputable College or University.
- Registered with the Teaching Council of Zambia.
- Ability to differentiate and meet the diverse learning needs of students.
- Must be Computer Literate
- At least 3 years of teaching experience in a recognised institution will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates should send copies of their academic and professional qualifications together with their CV, and an application letter to [email protected]
Tongabezi Trust School,
P.O. Box 60113,
The closing date for receiving applications is Monday 30th January 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.