At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose:
The store controller must be competent in provide support, technical skills and an advance knowledge base in Instrumentation equipment.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
- Be able to process purchase orders in Pronto
- Be able to identify and search for stock items in Pronto, which might be in the main warehouse on site
- Clean, identify and tagging of equipment removed from the process plant
- Record keeping and updating of equipment in store
- Creating of work orders and picking slips
- Identify, control and manage of workshop specialized tools
- Report broken, damaged or missing tooling
- Support the continuous improvement process in the workshop store
- Conduct regular housekeeping inside the workshop store
- Other duties as directed by the Supervisor/Management.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Must be conversant in the Pronto system used here on site.
- Knowledge of mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation spares.
Key Job Attributes:
- Fully conversant in English, speak read and write
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-disciplined, motivated and organized
- Must possess an understanding of record keeping
- Fully conversant in Microsoft software packages (Office, Excel and Word)
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload
- Able to work shifts, standby and overtime when required
- Must be in possession of a valid Zambian vehicle driving license
Experience required to perform in this job:
- 1+ year relevant mining experience would be an advantage.
- 1+ year Pronto experience would be an advantage.
- 1+ year Software computer skills (Microsoft Windows & Office).
- Minimum Grade12 Certificate.
- Craft certificate in related field is an added advantage.
To apply for this job please visit firstquantumcareers.com.