TopFloorZambia TopFloor Limited
Complete Solutions for Human Capital
Our client in the financial service industry is looking to hire an Accounts Assistant to perform daily accounting tasks that will support the Accountant to run the department smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions.
- Record, process, reconcile and file cash transactions and invoices.
- Process expense requests and update after approval of the Accountant.
- Process reimbursement forms and prepare bank deposits.
- Enter financial transactions into internal databases, journals and ledgers on daily basis.
- Check finance and accounting spreadsheets for accuracy.
- Maintain digital and physical financial records of monthly transactions.
- Issue invoices to customers and external partners, as needed.
- Liaising with third party providers, clients and suppliers.
- Disburse funds using manual/local warrants or petty cash and make change according to specific instructions.
- File and/or remove records and reports.
- Participate in quarterly and annual finance audits.
- Manages the Accounts Receivable and Payables
- Oversee and maintain the asset register
- Operate standard office equipment, printers, photocopy machine, scanners, shredder as part of daily tasks.
- Perform related work as assigned.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field. A Degree in these fields is an added advantage.
- Should have at least one (1) year of work experience as an Accounting Assistant or Accounting Clerk.
- Awareness of accounting in a PTA School environment is an added advantage.
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- Must be familiar with finance regulations.
- Must have hands-on experience with using MS Excel and PASTEL Accounting software.
- Must have knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures.
- Should have good arithmetic skills and the ability to spot numerical errors.
- Should have the ability to handle sensitive, confidential information and be organised.
How to Apply
Please visit our job portal to apply before 11th November 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.