Our client, in the Construction Industry is looking to hire an Intern- Accounting to practice their accounting knowledge and skills in a professional setting while supporting the accounting team with various projects and tasks in the organization.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assisting with research, creating vendor invoices and purchase orders
- The Intern – Accounting will also assist with filing and data entry
- Preparing records and maintain accurate and complete financial records.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports, such as balance sheets, income statements, invoices and other documents
- Track all payments made for tax preparation and follow up on returns
- Monitor any discrepancies in payment
- Ensure all clients receive their financial statements on time
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements, making sure that the final figures on statements are correct
- Assist in managing payroll duties
- Work closely with other departments including, Finance, Human Resources and Operations
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Keeping abreast with both the construction and accounting industry
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be a recent graduate with a Diploma in Accounting. A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting will be an added advantage
- Demonstrable experience as an Intern Accountant will be an added advantage
- Should be proficient with computers and different finance software programs
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Should be a team player and motivated to learn with a strong desire to take on a new challenge
- Should have strong organization and time management skills with the ability to work with little or no supervision
- Should have knowledge of the Pastel Software
How to Apply
Applicants should send their resumes to [email protected] with the job title as the email subject before 20th September 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.