TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE ANTI-FRAUD AND CORRUPTION POLICY
Zambia National Educational Coalition (ZANEC) is an umbrella body for Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) that include Non-Government Organization (NGOs), Faith Based Organization (FBOs), Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and Teacher Trade Unions (TTUs). ZANEC envisages a quality national education system that is accessible, relevant and equitable for human development in Zambia. As a result, the mission of ZANEC is to campaign and advocate for the attainment of Education and Skills Sector goals through promoting interaction with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), Cooperating Partners (CPs), communities and other stakeholders.
As a way of promoting transparency and accountability, ZANEC is in the process of developing an independent Anti-Fraud and Corruption Policy. Currently, provisions relating to the organization’s Anti-Fraud and Corruption are provided for in different organizational policies and the organization would like to develop a comprehensive policy that consolidates all the policy provisions for easy implementation. To this effect, ZANEC would like to engage a Consultant who will develop a comprehensive Anti- Fraud and Corruption Policy for the organization. The policy will serve as an important guide in communicating ZANEC’s stance and procedure for dealing with fraud and corruption within the organization.
Fraud and corruption can lead to significant financial loss and other long-term repercussions to the organization including the loss of public trust. The policy will therefore help in mitigating this risk by providing guidance to prevent, detect, report, and investigate suspected fraudulent or corrupt acts. Overall, the policy will play a major role in actualizing ZANEC’s zero-tolerance approach to fraud and corruption within the organization.
3.0 SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES
- To facilitate a consultative meeting with the Board of Governors and Staff for purposes of collecting input towards the anti-fraud and corruption policy.
- To review the current anti-fraud and corruption provisions contained in the various organizational policies.
- To produce a comprehensive anti-fraud and corruption policy document for the organization.
4.0 SCOPE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The Consultant will be expected to accomplish the following specific tasks.
- Facilitating a consultative meeting involving Board of governors and staff;
- Reviewing the current policy provisions contained in the organizational policies;
- Producing an anti-fraud and corruption policy of good quality.
5.0 DURATION OF CONSULTANCY
The assignment is expected to be completed within five (5) working days during which all the deliverables will be accomplished in line with a specific timeline to be agreed upon during the inception meeting.
6.0 EXPECTED DELIVERABLES
The expected deliverables will include the following;
- An acceptable consultative meeting programme
- PowerPoint presentations aimed at helping the meeting participants appreciate the anti-fraud and corruption policy development process and content.
- An anti-fraud and corruption policy of good quality
7.0 REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Must possess a Degree in Accounts, Human Resources or equivalent;
- Ability to demonstrate hands-on knowledge of anti-fraud and corruption will be an added advantage
- Experience in developing organizational policies for CSOs is required.
- Strong analytical, communication and facilitation skills, both oral and written English
- Ability to devote full time to the assignment and meet deadlines.
All proposals must be submitted through email to the address below by Tuesday, 23rd November 2020.
The Executive Director,
Zambia National Education Coalition,
Baptist Fellowship Building,
Plot 3061/2 Corner Makishi and Great East Road,
P.O. Box 30774,
Emails: [email protected]