Trade Zone Limited
Scope & General Purpose of Position
The role of the Technical sales advisor comprises of the typical functions of a Key Accounts Manager, and Development consultant. The TSA is responsible for areas allocated to them for the intention to grow market-share, develop new product opportunities from the PFERD basket goods, maintain acceptable profitability levels and grow and sustain relationships with key accounts representing PERD-SA/Sarodi Hardware in the allocated areas. This support includes technical support to the products, advising on correct product selection and training on product use. The successful TSA needs to identify and develop new distribution channels, markets (industries or sectors), products, strategies, and solutions. This includes frequent and efficient planning towards annual, quarterly, monthly and “per week” objectives as agreed on with the Business Development Advisor.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sales Activities
- Monitor, analyze and report on factors in the market that impact on sales, customer needs and confidence in the Pferd brand.
- Monitor and analyze competitor environment in allocated regions. This includes identifying new entrants, identifying pricing strategies of competitors, sample purchases for testing and advising clients on Features and Benefits of PSA product. With retail/formal and informal sectors as the main focus, it also includes visits to other sectors of the market to ensure the PFERD representation is increased.
- Implementation of new product introduction – in line with Management’s marketing plan.
- Meeting of targets as set by Management for key and new accounts (visit targets, new product introduction targets, training and demonstration targets and sales turn-over targets)
- Build and solidify good relations with role players in the retail/formal and informal sector and end-users to ensure maximum channel protection and growth.
- Utilize all available resources (supplied by PERD-SA/Sarodi Hardware and other external resources) to research market, product or new retail/formal and informal market channels and end-user opportunities.
- Conduct training to end-users on: abrasive products, selection of appropriate tools and consumables, correct and safe use of abrasives.
- Discussions and strategizing with PERD-SA/Sarodi Hardware on marketing opportunities to maximize sales output.
- Planning of business trips to different areas where accommodation is required, with full itinerary and necessary administration. This includes planning of accommodation to be approved by both levels in the reporting structure. Upon return, an Expense report is to be completed and handed in timeously.
- Reporting on a weekly basis; or and whenever required to the Business Development Advisor: On any subject related to area, customer, product development, sales development, competitor environment, etc. Formulate and distribute technical customer visits reports including product testing and evaluation reports.
- Communication to Sarodi Hardware of any orders that needs to be placed on products that are not held in stock at the warehouse.
- Assist clients and end-users with technical enquiries and, product complaints.
- Monitoring any appearance/ influx of counterfeit goods, reporting on it and taking the appropriate action (with Line manager)
- Identify and motivate promotion opportunities. Once approved, full execution lies with the TSA.
- Communication with internal role-players at PERD-SA/Sarodi Hardware when relevant or required
- On site testing and demonstrations are target-driven inputs. So will be investigations for identifying the need for new products in current or new markets.
- Assist and be involved with Exhibitions and / or Trade Shows and related marketing activities. Frequent local travels.
- Weekly reports of activities and customer visits.
Requirements and skills
- Minimum Grade 12 certificate
- Diploma or Degree in marketing or any related field.
- 2 years and above working experience in a similar environment including a technical background.
- Previous sales and marketing experience on retail and consumer level. Experience in technical product of a consumable nature will be an advantage.
- Must be willing to travel away from home. Do on site Demos and shows.
- Ability to communicate and provide training on products and new concepts.
- Languages: English (verbal and written proficient) for both personal and business literacy. The ability to be fluent in the local vernacular of responsible area will be an advantage.
- Computer Skills: Must be fully computer literate (above average competency in MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel).
- Communication Skills: Must have the ability to communicate on managerial level – essential.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to identify and deal with changes or complexity of customer requirements. Must have the disposition which treats the business of P-SA/Sarodi Hardware if it were their own. Must be driven and self-disciplined. High level of cultural diversity adaptability and able to build relationships with customers at all levels. Firm, yet of service-oriented nature.
- Driver’s License: A Must
Interested candidates should send their application letters, curriculum vitae and certificates to [email protected] closing date is 31st January, 2023