At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose:
To train, assess and where necessary offer support to trainees/employee engaged in Heavy Lifting Equipment. The role will also develop course delivery material and ensure compliance with awarding the body standards.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Developing of role specific training paths.
- Developing training materials in accordance with FQM Trident standards.
- Scheduling training events in INX as requested by the client.
- Conduct classroom, field and e-learning training.
- Manage trainees that have reported for training.
- Conduct theory and practical assessments in line with the Heavy Lifting Equipment assessment guideline.
- Carry out assessments and ensure issuance of relevant certifications and/or permits.
- Conducting training needs assessment.
- Manage both physical and electronic training records.
- Implement training and assessment schedules.
- Ensure safe operation of all Heavy Lifting Equipment under trainers’ supervision.
- Conducting planned task observations (PTOs).
- Ensuring training objectives are met.
- Ensuring safety and environmental incidents are reported promptly.
- Submit daily activity training reports.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Must have hands-on experience with Heavy Lifting Equipment.
- Knowledge of legislation governing mine safety as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Zambia and other safety statutory provisions related to Heavy Lifting Equipment.
- Mining regulations knowledge.
- Training needs assessment skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Communication skills with good command of the English language.
- Training material and assessment documents development.
- Mentoring and coaching skills.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent organizational and report writing.
- Knowledge in basic health and safety.
- Knowledge of training event coordination.
- Knowledge of e-learning platforms.
- Good planning skills
Key Job Attributes:
- Excellent attitude
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Able to multitask
- Able to explain technical concepts to nontechnical employees
- Commitment to meeting objectives
- Proactive approach
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- Must be smart and driven
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong drive to contribute to copper production
- Commitment to SHE performance
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Be diligent and thorough in approach
Experience required to perform in this job:
- At least 3 years’ work experience as a Heavy Lifting equipment operator.
- 2 years as a trainer & assessor, preferably in mining on Mobile and Overhead Cranes, including Hiab, Telehandler and Forklifts among others.
- Mining industry experience preferred.
To apply for this job please visit firstquantumcareers.com.