At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
Conduct process operations training and development activities aimed at improving the performance of the business by improving performance of employees through enhancing of knowledge and skills of process operations employees.
Qualifications (required for this job)
- Minimum of a full grade 12 certificate.
- Minimum of Diploma in Mineral Processing, Chemical Engineering or related field
- Diploma in Training and Development, Teaching Methodology or equivalent
- Training professional registered with TEVETA.
- Valid EIZ/ERB Membership
Core Specific Responsibilities – related to this Job
Design Training Interventions –
- Formulates teaching outline and determines instructional methods.
- Develop relevant, value-adding training material in accordance with FQM Trident Standards
- Develop training curriculum for new and existing employees.
- Analyse feedback and amend training programme as required Design training manuals for internal documented procedures.
- Develops teaching aids, such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
- All interventions to be aligned with e-learning/online initiatives.
- Ensuring training objectives are met.
Facilitate Training Interventions –
- Facilitates relevant training interventions.
- Facilitate the transfer of skills and knowledge.
- Accurately assess skills, abilities and knowledge to determine competence levels.
Expected Deliverables from this job
- Moderate training interventions and assessments for formal programmes
- Tests trainees to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
- Facilitate induction programme for new staff.
- Monitor and report on training projects and the enhancement of training initiatives.
- Assist and prepare facilitators and assessors with all online related activities when developing programmes
Performs Tasks Associated with The Administrative and Reporting Requirements of the Function –
- Scheduling training events in INX-InTuition
- Manage both physical and electronic training records.
- Conduct theory and practical assessments in line with the assessment guideline.
- Ensure issuance of relevant certifications
- Ensure safe operation of all equipment under trainers’ supervision.
- Conducting planned task observations [PTOs]
- Ensuring Safety and Environmental incidents are report promptly.
- Submit daily activity training report.
Performing any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Strong organisational skills
- Confident delivery
- Focus in achieving goals.
- Demonstrate learning agility and adaptability.
- Excellent communication
- Excellent time management
- Ability to handle a dynamic group and work environment.
- Run daily training activities.
- Prepare daily training reports.
- Support operation personnel in operational roles.
- Initiate and be involved in Process Technical Training’s cost reduction and improvements.
Maintain working relations with different section heads.
Knowledge and Experience required to perform in this job
- At least 2 years’ experience in process operations at supervisor level (preferably in copper and/or Nickel mining industry)
- At least 2 years’ experience as a trainer in the mining industry or similar
- Extensive knowledge and experience in a mineral processing plant with Gyratory and Jaw Crushing, Cone Crushing, SAG Milling, Ball Milling, Talc flotation, Flotation, Thickening and Filtering
- Possess ability to analyze and understand metallurgical & equipment information.
- Must have hands-on experience with process plant operations.
- Conducting Training Needs Assessment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Communication skills with good command of the English language.
- Training material and assessment documents development.
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Presentation and Facilitation
- Excellent organizational and report writing skills.
- Knowledge in basic health and safety
- Coordinating training events
- Knowledge of e-learning platforms
- Good planning skills
- Evaluation skills
- Training design skills
- Subject matter expert