Trakkers Transport Limited
In-charge of the Safety, Health Environment, and Quality Assurance side of the business, Supervises and coordinates work systems to ensure that the products or services of the company meet the highest quality standards and that the working conditions of the company are favourable and safe. Also, to support line management in delivering Site SHEQ objectives. .
- Determines the strategic direction and work priorities (in conjunction with line management) for the continuous improvement of the organization and Sites SHEQ management program and systems.
- Advises line management and assists with the implementation of new or existing SHEQ-related legislation, rules, and Company standards to include fire prevention, health and safety awareness training, site inspections of Company and contractor’s sites.
- To investigate accidents and ensure all documentation is updated.
- Full responsibility for Company preparations for Health & Safety audits and Quality Assurance
- To assist in retaining all current quality accreditations and work towards the attainment of new quality accreditations.
- Advises line management in the Workshop, Office and on Site of health, safety, quality, and environmental matters and manages this process to ensure all advice is incorporated into day-to-day processes and operations.
- Leads the Company in meeting its obligations under the Workers Compensation Board Act, Factories Act, Occupation Health, and Safety Act.
- Provides support and expertise to line management in incident investigation and reporting (including dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases).
- Facilitates all forms of risk assessment e.g., general, manual handling, fire prevention and acts as a final authority where a specialist response is required in relation to risk assessments performed by others on site.
- Conducts occupational health and safety related surveys e.g., noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes associated recommendations.
- Monitors the Site “permit-to-work” system to ensure compliance with Company standards.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Degree or Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a SHEQ Management Role with Line Management experience
- Experience of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and I OHSAS 18001 standard
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft office suite to include day to day experience of excel sheets, excellent report writing skills and document management experience.
- Demonstrate Results Delivery.
- Partnership Building (internal and external users)
- Influencing skills
Only interested candidates that meet the above requirements should apply with their cover letter and CV only in a single document. Please send to: [email protected]