Website Trident Preparatory Lusaka
Engage Enlighten Empower
Trident Prep Lusaka is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced, and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to commence duties as soon as possible. The appointee will report to the Headteacher and directly contribute to all areas of the Primary teaching at Trident Preparatory Lusaka School as well as add to the co- curricular activities at the school.
Trident Prep Lusaka is a new and exciting development in Lusaka and is situated opposite the Bonanza Golf Estate on Ngwerere Road. It offers the Early Years Foundation Stage for Nursery and Reception and the Cambridge and IPC curricula at Years 1- 6.
The school, which is a part of the Educore group of schools, offers a rounded education, and aims to be especially strong in not only academic achievement, but building confidence, encouraging participation in sport, outdoor pursuits and the performing arts.
Main Purpose of the Job
To support the learning and care of students across all areas of the curriculum, through appropriate interventions that empower students to be able to raise their own achievement and academic progress. To work in conjunction with the teachers and contribute to the life of the school.
Minimum certificate in Early Childhood Education or Primary Education with minimum 5 O’ levels (or Grade 12) including Mathematics and English.
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills:
- Provide support and reinforcement for teacher and lessons
- Able to handle students that are in the Primary classes
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Able to support the teaching of Phonics and Reading using a set curriculum
- Help teachers with setting up materials, equipment, and other administrative tasks
- Provide additional supervision for students during class, lunch, playtime and on class outings or field trips
- Co-curricular activities offering and experience in an International School setting is an advantage
A full CV and cover letter must be sent to: [email protected] with the subject heading:
TPL Teaching Assistant
Closing date: 20 / 01 / 2023
Due to Educores’ commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and criminal record.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org