Website Trinity University
Inspiring Innovation and Excellence
Trinity University is a private Christian university. It was established with a view to delivering tertiary education that is highly comparable to that delivered by any other internationally recognized University, particularly by the renowned world universities.
Trinity University aims at equipping learners with exceptional academic and professional knowledge that is unequivocally essential in overcoming challenges in one’s personal and public life. The university focuses further at producing graduates that are equipped with good and dynamic leadership qualities that are indispensable in meeting national and global challenges, especially those which are social, economic, scientific and technological in nature. It is in this belief that the education programmes offered at the university, notwithstanding learners’ religious inclination reflect Zambia’s needs and cultural and traditional identity as people belonging to the global world.
The primary goal of Trinity University is to educate and stimulate our learners in innovation and excellence and in generation of a prudent quest for more knowledge, especially through research. Thus, the university demands scholastic excellence from all academic and support staff and from students as well.
As a Christian University, Trinity University stands to be guided by Christian principles, heritage and we embrace diversity. The university believes that intellectual and spiritual pursuits go hand in hand, as essential ingredients, not only for growth of the advancement of global sustainable development. It is the university’s aspiration that our students will reflect this heritage upon graduation.
DEPUTY VICE-CHANCELLOR – ACADEMICS
(a) Job Purpose
The Deputy Vice Chancellor is the Chief Academic Officer of the University. S/he reports to the Vice Chancellor in providing strategic leadership, planning, implementing, monitoring and controlling of institutional activities. He/she is accountable to Senate for the academic administration, planning and development of the University.
(b) Main Accountabilities
The duties of the Deputy Vice Chancellor include:
- Providing vision and leadership for all University academic activities and strategic planning, including oversight of the academic budget.
- Coordinating academic, research and consultancy activities of the University.
- Directing and monitoring the implementation of the University Strategic plan.
- Coordinating Staff Development Programmes
- Fostering an environment that promotes equity and inclusion and where creativity, scholarship, research and teaching excellence can flourish and where students and academic members can excel.
- Performing duties of the office of the Vice Chancellor in his/her absence
- Performing any other relevant duties as may be delegated by the Vice Chancellor
(c) Qualification and Experience
- Grade 12 certificate (with five O levels of credits or better) or its equivalent
- Holder of an authenticated earned Doctorate Degree, Masters and Bachelor’s degree from accredited and recognized Universities
- Demonstrable academic leadership
- A track record of personal achievement in both teaching, research, consultancy, and strategic planning
- Demonstrable analytical, ICT, administrative and financial management abilities
- Should have attained a minimum rank of Senior Lecturer in a reputable higher learning Institution
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience at management level in the University or similar institution
- Demonstrable experience in resource mobilization
- Demonstrable leadership in research through mentorship and publications in peer-reviewed journals
(d) Key Attributes and skills
- Accomplished researcher and educator and an exemplary leader with a strong commitment to meeting the needs of students and academics, and a record of being actively engaged with both internal and external communities
- Knowledge of policies and procedures required by Universities and regulators
- Knowledge of academic programme development, implementation, management and assessments at both Undergraduate and Graduate levels
- Possess the ability and vision to effectively and strategically lead a large, complex, multi-campus academic portfolio.
- Possess sound knowledge of quality assurance and improvement
- Ability to develop and facilitate new and maintain appropriate academic partnerships with the community and industry and other educational institutions both locally and internationally
- Possess high levels of personal and professional integrity, good interpersonal skills and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Receptive to change and ability to manage change
Please send us your CV, Qualifications and Cover letter via E-mail. [email protected]
Closing Date is 30/06/2022
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com