Website Tropical Health & Education Trust (THET)
THET is a specialist global health organisation that
Tropical Health and Education Trust (THET) is a specialist global health organization that educates, trains and supports health workers through global health partnerships, strengthening health systems and enabling people in low- and middle-income countries to access essential healthcare.
Since 2013, the Tropical Health and Education Trust (THET) has led a program improving Human Resources for Health (HRH) in Zambia. A key component of this project was the development of a pre-service training program for medical equipment maintenance professionals in Zambia.
Tropical Health and education Trust (THET) is seeking qualified Biomedical engineering Technologist (BMETs) to be placed within the Hospital set-up with focus on Medical Equipment Maintenance on an internship basis. The programme is a SIDA-funded programme being implemented by THET in 4 Provinces: Eastern, Luapula, Muchinga and Southern. The ideal candidates should be self-driven, energetic, adaptable and have a strong academic background. Candidates must be available for placement by November 1, 2020.
REPORTS TO: Hospital Management
LOCATION: MoH hospitals in Eastern, Luapula, Muchinga, Southern Provinces
CONTRACT: 10 Months starting 1st November
CLOSING DATE: 17th September 2020
- Conducting corrective and preventive maintenance of medical equipment
- Installation, commissioning and decommissioning of medical equipment
- Training of equipment end-users in its proper operation and daily maintenance
- Management reporting on medical equipment issues in the hospital
BMETs will be provided with technical and IT tools and a hospital workshop. BMETs will be supported by Provincial Mentors and will take part in a distance-learning course on Standard Operating Procedures for Biomedical Engineering Technologists.
- Full Grade 12 certificate with at least five (5) O levels credits including English Language and Mathematics;
- Diploma in Biomedical Engineering Technology
About the Project:
In this project, 18 Biomedical Engineering Technologists (‘BMETs’) will be placed in selected hospitals in the named provinces for 10 months.
The following outcomes are targeted:
- A Medical Equipment Uptime of at least 95% in participating hospitals
- An improved infrastructure for Medical Equipment maintenance in the participating hospitals.
- Completion of the training of the participating BMETS through this advanced internship program.
Candidates that meet the above criteria are invited to send an application letter to Ms. Ethel Mukosa at [email protected] Please attach a copy of your graduation marks, explain why you would be suitable for mentioned position and describe what professional activities you have carried out since your graduation. Make sure that your application letter is submitted by Thursday, 17th September 2020: later submissions will not be considered.
Only applicants who have the legal right to live and work in Zambia will be considered. Female candidates are encouraged to apply and only applicants that have been shortlisted will be contacted