Website Twalumba Lodges
JOB ALERT! – PROFESSIONAL CHEF
We’re a team of professionals that seek to help revamp the hospitality industry in Zambia. Our Lodge offers Conferencing facilities, Wedding, Kitchen party venues, accommodation (rooms), and bar services. The Lodge also has a restaurant where meals are served to walk in or booked-in clients.
Twalumba Lodges is currently looking for a professional chef to oversee our restaurant’s kitchen by managing other members of the food preparation team, deciding what dishes to serve and adjusting orders to meet guests’ requests. The preferred candidate may assist in prep work, such as chopping vegetables, but more often will be involved in cooking specialty dishes. Chooses ingredients and designs a menu based on the seasonal availability of food items. Creates unique dishes that inspire guests to come back again and again to see what is new in the restaurant.
If you have the following qualities send us your CV ONLY in PDF format to [email protected] with the subject tagline of “Professional Chef”.
CHEF JOB DUTIES:
- Cooks guests’ orders according to their preferences
- Employs food safety best practices and makes sure that all kitchen staff members do the same
- Acts with appropriate caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high-temperature surfaces
- Selects choice ingredients that will give dishes the best flavour
- Experiments to come up with new specialties that will draw diners into the restaurant
- Coaches the sous chef and other members of the kitchen staff, so they perform at their best
- Determines how much food to order and maintains an appropriate supply at the restaurant
- Keeps up with trends in cooking and the restaurant business to ensure that guests have a positive experience
- Works quickly and accurately during busy periods, such as weekends and evenings
- Occasionally takes on extra duties, such as cleaning, when the kitchen is short-staffed or the restaurant is particularly busy
- Takes direction and works with the restaurant’s administrative team
CHEF SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proved Experience working a chef
- Creative Flair
- Flexible Schedule
- Strong Communication
- Certificate / Diploma in Food Production is added advantage
- Team Mentality
- Leadership Skills
- All Application must be sent in PDF Format
- Deadline is Monday 5th November 2018
- Due to a number of applicants only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- No physical application will be accepted
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.