Twenty Nine on the Hill
The manager is responsible for managing the entire restaurant team, maintaining operational standards, safe guarding restaurant assets and customer service. The manager must ensure the Brand integrity stays intact.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts shift meetings with team members
- Ensure operational standards are implemented in the restaurant.
- Conducts opening and closing as well as mid-morning inspections.
- Manage financial procedures of the restaurant (Cash ups, handling floats, banking)
- Conducts weekly evaluations and action plans
- Compile reports , sales turnover, and sales mix Manages, restaurant stock level according to laid down procedure (ordering, receiving, stock control and stock takes)
- Motivates and develop team members
- Handling of workplace procedures
- Provide on job coaching and mentoring of crew to ensure desired skill levels
- Interfaces with customers and resolve queries
- Ensure a friendly and hospitable restaurant atmospheres
- Manages by example
- Conducts daily and weekly staff meetings.
- Supervising of Junior Employees by ensuring all staff report on time to prepare for the day
- Ensuring sales are accurately captured on the POS
- Monitoring and controlling of stock movements in and out of storage facilities.
- Ensuring quality control over meals prepared within the restaurant.
- Reporting to the manager on daily sales summaries for all items sold.
- Ensuring that there is excellent customer service delivery by all staff.
- Maintaining a link between the restaurant and all external suppliers to ensure ordered goods are delivered on time.
- Any other duties as maybe assigned by direct supervisor.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A certificate or diploma in Business administration or Diploma in a hospitality course would be an added advantage.
- Should be sober minded with keen interest to learn
- Must have keen attention to detail
- Should be proactive and innovative
- Good financial management skills
- Must be computer literate
- Good customer service management skills
- Must have some experience in hospitality industry