Website Tyre-King Enterprises Limited
Where service and quality come first!
Tyre-King is one of the leading, specialized automobile tyre retailers in Zambia and is currently operating in fifteen (15) tyre sales and fitment outlets in Zambia. Tyre King is continuing to grow and expand its footprint in Zambia. We are looking for a Credit Officer (CO) to join our credit management team. This is an appointment on contract for the duration of 12 months but renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
PURPOSE OF CREDITOR OFFICER
The purpose of this position is to undertake accounting duties within prescribed policies and procedures in order to support Tyre King Enterprises Limited operations and objectives. The Credit Officer will be responsible for timely collection of debt, compilation of accurate receivables position, transcription of data from source documents, receivables reconciliations, inventory reconciliations and taking any deliberate actions to enhance cash flow. This position requires someone with a strong background experience in receivables.
- Collecting of outstanding amounts as per customer statement and ensuring the monies are collected within the credit period given.
- Customer account reconciliation and monthly submission of reconciled position by the 1st of every month.
- Confirmation and approval of customer purchase orders after ensuring that customers are falling within the approved credit terms and conditions.
- Updating customer account database such as details of addresses, contact numbers and credit limits.
- Recording of postdated cheques into the postdated cheque register.
- Daily posting and allocation of receipts to the rightful customer account and customer invoices.
- Ensuring that all customer records are properly filed and that each credit account has on file approved credit application form, customer credit worthiness review form and customer call card.
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures on debtors and credit control are adhered to without any compromise.
- Review customer accounts daily and report to management delinquent accounts requiring special efforts as well as attention, including possible litigation.
- Recommend to management with valid reasons customer accounts amounts requiring write off.
- Ensure the age analysis correctly reflects all customer accounts and that accounts do not easily graduate from one age to the other.
- Customer call cards should be updated and on customer file for easy review at any time.
- Prepare a weekly and monthly projected collection report and submitting to management.
- Ensure that debtors/receivables account reconciliations are done timely and statement sent to customers by the 3rd of each month.
- Preparation of external audit schedules
- Participate in inventory count and verification.
- Participate in fixed asset count and verification of existence.
- Diploma in Accounting / CA Application Level or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in a receivables role.
- Knowledge of NAVISION will be added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Paid up Member of ZICA
- Good organizational and leadership skills with the ability to work in a team
- Possess a valid driver’s license as an added advantage.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
Send your detailed CV including three referees, qualification certificates and cover letter to:
The Head – Human Resource & Administration on email: [email protected].
Closing date is: Tuesday, 14th November, 2023 at 17.00 hours.
Clearly state in the subject line the position you are applying for i.e., Credit Officer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com