Website Tyre-King Enterprises Limited
Where service and quality come first!
Tyre King Enterprises Limited is a leading specialized automobile tyre retailer in Zambia, currently operating in sixteen (16) tyre/battery sales and fitment centers in Zambia. We are vigorously growing and expanding our footprint in Zambia, and as such, we are seeking a dynamic and results-oriented Logistics & Distribution Manager to join our team for a 24-month contract (renewable) in Lusaka.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the timely and efficient distribution of products to the right location, in the right quantities and quality. Additionally, the Logistics & Distribution Manager will oversee the management and maintenance of our company vehicles, generating reports for management, and forecasting logistics, warehousing, and transportation demands.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervising daily warehouse and delivery operations, including training employees, routing, inventory, quality assurance, dispatching, and documentation
- Developing strategies to improve service levels and liaising with Branch Storemen for efficient customer service/delivery
- Using IT systems to optimize stock levels and track cost and productivity metrics
- Managing all vehicle allocations and optimizing vehicle runs from Head Office to branches
- Ensuring pool vehicle roadworthiness by timely servicing of vehicles and processing their road licenses
- Generating monthly reports on KPIs
- Implementing health and safety procedures for safe working conditions
- Managing and coordinating staff performance appraisals and training in the department
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Transport and Logistics Management or any other business studies degree, CIPS, or any equivalent qualification, and at least 7 years of experience in logistics or supply chain management, including at least 2 years in a team leadership role. Candidates must also have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, IT literacy, and be a member of the relevant professional body.
To apply, please send your detailed CV, qualification certificates, and cover letter to [email protected] by cod 18th March 2023.
Please include at least three traceable referees with daytime mobile contact numbers and email addresses. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.