University of Maryland Zambia
Position: Nurse Educator:
- Provide on-site mentoring to nursing and other clinical staff in the project supported health facilities in management of HIV with ART, PMTCT and other HIV care services.
- Provide mentorship to the Community Liaison Officers (CLO) and Community health Workers (CHW) in HTS services
- Provide training and mentorship to facility staff, CHWs and Community Data Workers (CDW) in the use of SmartCare including the lite SmartCare version running on electronic tablets
- Support the Medical Technical Advisors to improve nursing care and treatment of patients with HIV/AIDS;
- Provide input in the formulation of the work plans at hub level and monthly activity calendar to ensure the goal and objectives of the project are met.
- Participate in nursing care programmes for nursing care, i.e., triage and management of patient records;
- Conduct MoH approved trainings;
- Work with the district medical office staff and other technical partners to introduce, complete and use quality assurance and improvement (QA/QI) information for improved performance and continue to mentor point of service staff in the application of this information;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
- RN, EN, Mid-wife, preference for HIV Nurse Prescriber (HNP)
- Registered with General Nursing Council of Zambia
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience in HIV/PMTCT programs
- Ability to provide written communication (adjusted to various levels of comprehension) – must be computer literate
- Familiarity in adult learning principles/techniques and demonstrated ability to design and facilitate learning opportunities for adults.
- Preferred fluency in Tonga
Please send all Applications and CVs to [email protected] Clearly state job title applying for on Subject line. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Application deadline is Thursday July 12th 2018, 5pm.